A few photos

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by StreetShark, Apr 17, 2007.

1. StreetShark

StreetShark TPF Noob!

Here are a few photos I took for a online course I'm doing. It's like a distance education thing but free. Here is the assignment and the results.

Assignment 1: Take at least one abstract photo based entirely on some of the compositional rules we talked about. Subjects should not be recognizable. Post your photo online and send me a link, along with an explanation of why you think the composition makes a visually interesting image.

Assignment 2: Students will take pictures of a subject from various viewpoints (near, far, from above, below, behind). Creativity is encouraged. Likewise, post your best two or three photos of the subject online and send me a link, along with an explanation of which you think is most visually appealing and why.

Results:

Assignment 1:
    [​IMG]

Assignment 2:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

What do you think of the shots? I like the second one the best. BTW the first shot is a apple.

2. cosmonaut

cosmonaut No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I agree #2 is the best. But I though it should not be recognizable? I took a close up picture of the washer jet on the hood of a car that worked well. It looked like a frog.

3. StreetShark

StreetShark TPF Noob!

What shouldn't be recognizable?

4. bencze

bencze TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I realized it was an apple. :)

Btw - what online course, if I may ask? :)

5. StreetShark

StreetShark TPF Noob!

6. prue187

prue187 TPF Noob!

Hi thanks for the link I do like the second and the third photos the first one I thought it was a slug in a fruit. The third photo is very calming in the eyes except I see some tiny fabrique like strings. Kinda looks like white hair but I really do love the color. Very purplish :D