A few pics for C&C

ChAoS84

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are a few pics I took up in Oshkosh at Airventure. This was my first real outing with a dslr, my D90.

Airventure_045.jpg

Airventure_052.jpg

Airventure_063.jpg

Airventure_121.jpg

Let me know what you guys think.

Hi Chao, congrats on the new camera. To make these shots look less snap-shotty, could you try to find a more unique angle? It's tough with subjects like these because you can't get very close. (I don't know what I'd do here to improve the composition without a fast zoom lens to focus on elements of interest... since this is your first outing with your new camera I assume that you've got only the kit lens.) The second and third photos seem to be low on contrast. Was the sun shining on your lens? A lens hood would probably fix that.

Hi Chao, congrats on the new camera. To make these shots look less snap-shotty, could you try to find a more unique angle? It's tough with subjects like these because you can't get very close. (I don't know what I'd do here to improve the composition without a fast zoom lens to focus on elements of interest... since this is your first outing with your new camera I assume that you've got only the kit lens.) The second and third photos seem to be low on contrast. Was the sun shining on your lens? A lens hood would probably fix that.

Thankfully, I'm not stuck with the kit lens. I have the 18-200 3.5/5.6. It was almost dead noon when I took these, which I realize is a terrible time to be shooting reflective surfaces, but there's not much I can do in that regard. The lens hood was on, but I was trying to cut through some haze. Could that be the reason for lack of contrast? Is there anyway in pp to fix that?

As for angles, I was really really limited on where I could go. I kind of knew they weren't going to come out as I'd hoped.

Anyone have some composition ideas for situations like this? I was kind of worried that cutting off certain portions of the plane would make it kind of bland or incomplete.

Thanks for the responses! You guys have no idea how much this forum is helping me.

Most reactions

Back