A few pics for c&c

HorseLuvR

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm new to photography, and these pics are just me going outside and playing around a little bit with manual mode and autofocus. Let me know what you think! Thanks!

resize3.jpg

resize2.jpg

resize1.jpg

Thanks again. I really just want advice as to how I can improve my photography. More to come!

First shot is interesting from composure standpoint and the dynamics of the shot but technically isn't not very sharp and there is too much ISO noise. If you PP it with high contrast pass it might look more interesting.
Maybe a bit like this:
resize3.jpg

Second is just bad. The idea is alright, but too much sky, too little fountain and etc. Lots of noise too. And just in general, this shot is a type I just delete. No significance of any kind.

3rd is pretty cool, but the crop is too tight. There is almost no headroom on the first person.

sovietdoc: Thanks for editing #1 and it look awesome, but I personally prefer a more natural, less edited look. So I tweaked the photo a little bit. Tell me what you think! keep in mind that I've only had my camera for 4 days, so I don't really know what I'm doing.
resize3-1.jpg

Here's a picture of the entire fountain.
resize4.jpg

And behind #3 was an unfortunately placed wire with reflective plastic on it. Here's the original picture with no editing whatsoever.
original015_15.jpg

You can see that there's plenty of headroom, but that the wires are distracting, which is why I cropped them out.

dak1b: It probably looks like film because it is film! I have a film camera... I can't afford a digital camera right now.

the plastic wrap can be edited out of the headshot without cropping. You may be able to use the healing or cloning tools for this.

edit I did on the headshot

original015_15edit2.jpg

Last edited:
sovietdoc: Thanks!

robyn fresh: Thank you I'll play around with that and try to figure it out. =)

I like two as well.

And as for one...I would either crop it or retake it, and move the vertical stem over to the left or right. Rule of thirds type of thing.

Aw great thanks! I'm getting so much good advice. So I edited out the distractions the best I could
original015_15-1.jpg

I think it looks much better.

Aw great thanks! I'm getting so much good advice. So I edited out the distractions the best I could. I think it looks much better.

Now you have to ask yourself, was all that really worth it for that shot? ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back