A few pictures to critique

JamesDD

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hello all,
here are some of my fav pics i took from the summer, i would really like some input from you guys, thanks!
2816506250_471c3f5ccc.jpg

2815652973_a4e2b84712.jpg

2788660352_627a115800.jpg

2546090501_92bbbc1c07.jpg

again just let me know what you guys think, your brutal honesty is appreciated!

Good comp on 1&2

3&4 The trees and bushes annoy me.

You got some great images jamesdd. They look great just the way they are, but I'm just gonna nitpick them...

Image 1 I would add more of the hay bells (is that what you call them?) on the left.
Image 2 I would of framed it down more to see more of the reflection and not have the bottom reflection cut off like that.
Image 3 I would add more contrast...I just like b&w very contrasty..don't know why.
Image 4 I would of shot the image at sunset...

They are great as they are...

I really really like #1, maybe could do with a bit more contrast? I wonder if it works better in colour, could be having some nice yellowy hay colours there.

The hay bale in 1 obstructs the view onto something like a farm or so. I feel you chose your point of view not well enough, since the buildings that still can be seen behind the bale make the viewer wonder what it is behind it, which distracts from your subject.

In 2, you chose to place the horizon line almost into the very middle of your frame, but you cut off the reflection. I feel that if there is something as clear and standing out as that slide in the water and there IS a reflection and you already place most of it inside your frame PLUS place the horizon almost into the middle, you should really go ALL the way and make it a "play card photo", very symmetric, working with said reflection.
The colours and overall atmosphere are lovely.

In 3, the long, bowed sweep of the bridge toward the high risen buildings of downtown is a nice element. Also the frame inside the frame given by the vegetation is nice, though some might think the inclusion of the overhanging leaves a bit "cheesy".

4 looks bland. No sky at all. And only little contrasts.

thank you very much for all your input!
srt86hil- #1 wasnt that fantastic in color i dont think. the pail yellow color really took over the entire pic and i wasnt a big fan.
cnvang- i am def going back to take #4 at sunset from a different spot so i dont get the tress in the way.
thanks again!

The first 2 have a lot of dust. You need to either clean your lens or sensor, perhaps both. I really like the second picture although I agree that the horizon is too centered.

scottdg- can i just take my camera/lens into a camera place ie national camera and have the dust cleaned out?
thanks for your input!

Most reactions

Back