A few pictures with my new T1i

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by Kpablo, Dec 18, 2009.

1. Kpablo

Kpablo TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Yesterday I got my new camera, so took it with me for me and my dog's daily hike. Snapped a few pictures, just for practice...not really good IMO I'm still messing with it. I can't get the flash right, I went out around 5 so the sun was going down not the best settings for a newbie. I got a Canon Rebel T1i, EF-S 18-55 IS and EF-S 55-250 mm F/4-5.6 IS. I used the 55-250mm lens yesterday evening.

Anyways, enjoy. I don't have any editing software yet, I'm going to get the Photoshop Elements 8. Some of the pictures I'd like to edit (like my dog's pet eyes), but will have to wait until I get the proper software. Once I edit them, I'll post them again.

Pet eyes
    [​IMG]

Too dark.
    [​IMG]

I think it's too dark, too much flash, and the background is a little distracting.

[​IMG]

2. Kpablo

Kpablo TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I'm a little bummed no one has commented yet. :(

A friend edited a another picture of my dog, I still think his eyes look funny. If someone could tell me what I can do to avoid this other than not photographing animals at night. I find the reflection on his backpack pretty distracting.

[​IMG]

3. bigtwinky

bigtwinky No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Well what do you want comments on? You said yourself that you just got your camera, these were practice shots and they didn't come out too nice. They are dark, noisy and used a popup flash.

I'd suggest reading the manual, reading stuff online and aiming at getting good pictures and once you are happy with those picture and think you have something decent, then post that up. Get the book "Understanding Exposure" by Bryan Peterson

Personally, I like to comment on pictures, but I ain't going to be commenting on other people's test shots.

4. ottor

ottor No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    Beautiful dog, by the way....

Big, .. . BIG dog.... :lol: Nice doggie...... You say he took you for a walk?

BTW, if you don't have any editing program, GIMP (google that) is pretty good for being free... :mrgreen:

Oh, and don't be dissapointed if you get no response within a couple of hours... not uncommon - this is a workday also... I had a post on another forum that had 106 views ... not one comment. - stuff happens..

r

5. Kpablo

Kpablo TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Ottor, I have GIMP the red eye feature made his eyes look really beady.

6. ottor

ottor No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    Are you planning on using the video feature much? - Just curious, as I often wondered how much owners of cameras that have video function actually use it..

r

7. Kpablo

Kpablo TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Nope....don't plan on using it at all actually. If I am going to video something, I'll get a video recorder.

8. Overread

Overread has a hat around here somewhere Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Kpablo - have a read of the following post, it should help to give you some direction and guidance to posting and getting a more constructive input from the posters - how much info you put up really does make a lot of difference :)
    http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...r-signatures-get-critiques-your-work-c-c.html

As for the flash situation try getting some white tissue paper and folding it over a few times to make a pad - then secure that infront of your flashhead using an elastic band. Its not ideal, but it should help to give the light from the flash some diffusion.

Also what mode where you shooting in for these shots. Auto does not generally give such a dark result as you are getting in that second shot.
    As for camera manuals - mine sat in my camera bag for about half a year or more when I started- its the best place to keep it (always with the camera) since it means you can check things when you are out in the field and make chances there and then

9. HikinMike

HikinMike No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Your first post was at 8:59am and your bummed because in less than a half hour, nobody commented yet? Be patient. I don't see the images anyway. :confused:

10. Kpablo

Kpablo TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thanks for the link and the idea.

Haven't got the manual out yet, but will over the weekend, got a few books too to read. I was just tinkering with the manual setting, I don't believe it was auto at all with these pictures. But I honestly can't recall what I did, like I said just tinkering.

11. Kpablo

Kpablo TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit

Yep, I was bummed, almost 30 people viewed this thread, and NO ONE commented, once?

12. HikinMike

HikinMike No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    If it's any consolation, I posted a photo yesterday in 'Landscape & Cityscape' and I'm still waiting....:lol: