A few pictures

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by xstephenx, Jun 12, 2008.

1. xstephenx

xstephenx TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Here are a few pictures that I took on my recent trip to Playa del Carmen. There is not much in the way of PP. Basically just some straightening and a little bit of sharpening. Some feedback on my general direction would be nice. Also, feel free to edit the photos if you wish, please just let me know what you did so I can get a feel for PP as I haven't done much of that.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for any and all C&C.

2. plentygood

plentygood TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I really like the colors in #2 and the framing in #3, but 1 and 4 are boring in my opinion. You might try looking into the "rule of thirds" to help your composition. All of your subjects here are centered and offsetting them can add more visual interest in pictures.

3. Rachelsne

Rachelsne TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I cant quite work out number 1...I think they are eyes of something ? :)
    number three is my fave because of the colours, and the framing works well too

4. Cameron Cushman

Cameron Cushman TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    #1 i am assuming is some type of cave and in the hole on the right is a bird. Really like #2

5. xstephenx

xstephenx TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Yeah, #1 was/is a bird in a nest. Unfortunately with the zoom I had available that was all I could get without going into the cenote (water) to get closer. And it was 15-20' deep so I wasn't too keen on that idea.

I was going to play around with cropping to get everything off center, but I didn't really do all that much processing to them and was looking more at exposure. But I agree on the second bird, it could be composed differently and be better than a bird, sitting on a rock, in the middle of a picture.

Thanks for the comments so far.