a few portraits

mentos_007

The Freshmaker!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hi :) I've been shooting all the time lately so I have tons of pictures on my PC. Here I'll post only a few from photo session which I attended with local photogs society.

This one was taken in a very old, German water power station (wasserkraftwerk :p)
univ_060.jpg

this one too:
univ_051.jpg

this one was taken in the university, where we set up a small studio
univ_043b.jpg

the girl is not a pro model but she was quite good at posing
univ_029b.jpg

it was a great time for me because many pros were there too and I had a chance to watch what they were doing, how they settled the light and blend screens and so on...

:)

Nice work Mentos,

I like the use of shadow in the the last one.

nice shots! see, who says you need gobs of money for studio equipment! :thumbup: share some more!!!!

When have you been to a German Wasserkraftwerk? And where was it?

Interesting opportunity you have. I always only have the countryside around me... :(

But not too long from now...! Essex! :D Yay! :D

LaFoto... this is actualy post-German wasserkraftwerk... it is here in Stettin :p and it was destroyed by... Germans during WWII :p and hydrierwerke was there too.

JonK the background is real :) I was surprised when I noticed that on my PC... no PS done, the "floor" was realy grey :)

mentos_007 said:
JonK the background is real :) I was surprised when I noticed that on my PC... no PS done, the "floor" was realy grey :)

Ah mentos, that's cool. I wasn't implying it was PS'ed just commenting on the monochrome look of the ground. :D I like it a lot.

Now THAT is what I like about the first photo. Would you think that I couldn't nail what it was? The monocrome looking background!
And yes, Mentos, it shows that this is no PS work but that the floor was this grey.
I so like how his sweatshirt contrasts with this. Plus this very grey and this very red go very well together.
Thanks for telling me what I was (secretly, too secretly for myself even) thinking, JonK.

nice work mentos, love them all particularly the b&w images, great lighting and shadows, she really poses like a pro.

and what do you think about the angle in the last one? Does it work here or not? Friends are divided... some of them tell me that it looks fine here, some of them claim that she looks as if she was falling down... what do you think?

those are good mentos... love the last one best...and i had to look for a bit to see if she was maybe laying back...i love that shot...great model...and the photographer was really good too!! :)

I like #s 2 & 4 a lot, IMO the angle on number #4 is fine, in #3 the shadow over the model face bothers me some, in #1 I do not like the way he is looking down IMO if he was looking across the frame like in #2 would be better, oh and #2 preface :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back