A few questions from a hobbyist....

Adec

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have recently purchased a Canon Powershot G9.... So far it has been an excellent camera and I have enjoyed using it. My question is; I have purchased a lensmate (http://www.lensmateonline.com/newsite/order_G7_1.html) adapter so that I may use different lenses on the camera. It has 58 mm threads. I purchased a Raynox macro lens and it is great... but I would like to get a wide variety of lenses and be able to weigh my options.What lenses would be compatible for use on a setup like this? Surely, not all 58mm lenses would work. I don't want to purchase a lens and find that I can't use it on this camera.

Here are a few photos I have taken with my camera....
(I know they are not the best, but they were fun to take ;))

URL]

URL]

Hi Adec,

If the adapter's thread is 58mm, 58mm attachments (filters or add-on lenses) will fit. Whether you will be happy with the resulting images is another story. Add-on lenses don't do much for image quality, to put it mildly.
My personal opinion is that they are a waste of time, money and effort, TBH.
So, if you would like to work more often with other lenses than the one that's fixed to your cam you really need to get a dSLR, of course.

That is what I was afraid of..... Well I had better start saving. I wonder when my tax stimulus return will be in...hehehheeh

Thanks for the advice.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back