A few questions

cornfield girl

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
:scratch:I have a few questions to clear up from an earlier post about a show i'm going to be taking pics at.

1.) Are there any places that I can send my film in to, to be developed. The only places we have around here is wal-mart or walgreens. I recently developed some at walmart and had them put the pics on a cd for the first time and they were all fuzzy looking and just looked sorta granulated. I wasn't impressed. I'd really like these to turn out nice. Would I be better off just having them developed and scanning them onto my computer, or sending them off somewhere?

2.) I'm taking pics at a bar for a band that will be using a light show. I'll be using my moms 35mm canon. Should i turn off the automatic flash that pops up? Also I have an attachable flash that can rotate from up to down. I had someone suggest not using it except for group pics before or after the show. I'll be taking the camera the night before to try different light settings. I've also had someone suggest turning up the iso on the camera, but i've heard that doing this would let too much noise in. Any other suggestions? Please help!

Not sure if they do film but you can check
MPIX, Qoop, or shutterfly all dot com's

One of the great things about bands is noise is often welcome. Many DSLRs can easily have ISO of 640 with decent noise specs. But one of the best shots I took had an ISO of 3200. The noise just added a lot of mood to the image.

Things you should consider trying are slowsyncing with your flash. Try avoid bouncing the flash as this will light up the stage more than the band. If you have a fast lens like a 50mm f1.8, now's the time to use it.

I recently developed some at walmart and had them put the pics on a cd for the first time and they were all fuzzy looking and just looked sorta granulated.

There are a couple of links in the chain that may cause this.

1) If you use a high ISO (fast film) under low light conditions and the film is underexposed, the machines developing will try to compemsate and give you a viewable print but it will look funny.

2) the film may be sharp but the CD is a low-res copy

or

3) their process may be bad. Get a couple of prints made from the negative of a bad frame and see how it looks.

Large volume processors are usually fairly decent just because they have the controls in place to satisfy the average user and, if they process 10,000 rolls a day, they don't want 10,000 irate customers.

Most reactions

Back