A few scenery pictures, please critique!!

schumionbike

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello everyone, I'm new to photography but I'm learning a lot. All these shot were done with a Kodak Easyshare Z710, one of the point and shoot. No tripod. The last shot was taken from behind a window, so yeah, too cold to go outside!! Comments would be great!! Thanks.
Picture076.jpg

Picture250.jpg

Picture316.jpg

You should read the FAQ about critique. This forum is for single pictures with specific issues that you want help with. Series of pictures for generic comment should go in one of the other forums like 'General'. And, by the way, read the FAQ about the size of images posted.

That being said, these are are well-composed and framed but you have left in lots of sky in 1 and 3 that isn't contributing anything. #1 has half a house on the right.

The need to decide what you want to take a picture of and try to make that teh strongest element in the photograph. These are just pictures of a scene with no particular main object of itneest. (and turn off the date function)

hello, sorry, I was not too keen on the protocol of the forum. I didn't realize how big the picture were until I post them. lol.

Thanks for the comment regarding the photographs, I liked them and I just want to see what kind of mistakes a more experience photographer would be able to point out so I can keep it in mind the next time I shoot anything. For the point of interest statement; in the second photograph, I wanted to show the snow on ground prominently, would you suggest cropping off the sky and some of the tree line from the picture? I was thinking all the way down to the lamp post.

Thanks

Pictures of snow are incredibly difficult to do well because of the reflectivity of the snow.

You need to be more specific in your mind when you take a picture. What is it that you want to show, how do you do that, how do you frame the shot?

Just taking a picture usually ends up without an object of interest and no real composition.

Look at this picture and figure out what you want to show? Is it demonstrable from this angle? Is the exposure and framing right for it?

Not everyhting you see can make a good picture.

Hiya schumionbike and welcome to ThePhotoForum.

I have moved your post to the General Gallery. The Photo Critique section is reserved for more serious critique and therefore we like to keep it to one image at a time...
(see FAQS), otherwise it just gets too confusing.

Feel free to post multiple images in other parts of the forum...or to re-post your images individually into the Photo Critique section, with more of an explanation of the shot, equipment used, settings, and some remarks on what you were trying to capture and to show.

Thank you.

is this in brainerd?

oh... thats a little ways away from MN...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back