A few shots from a car meet. C & C?

ks0385

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Camera I was using was a Nikon Coolpix P80. I don't know why but they all seem very noisy. I did some "sharpen" and "noise reduction" in photoshop. But I don't really know what I'm doing. How's my composition?

sbm13.jpg

sbm8.jpg

sbm10.jpg

sbm11.jpg

Thanks.

I dont know if its my computer or the re-size, but I'm seeing ridges in the lines of the car in #1 an #2.
The exposure seems good. And get your self out of that reflection in between the head lights in #2.
I like #3.
#4's ok but not my cup o tea.

Ill be posting up a lot of car pictures here an there in the near future. :)

That Z is a beautiful machine. Love the motor work and the "sleeper" look to it. The M...well...it's an M...the best of the best. lol

#1 Is a good shot but don't use Imageshack to host such large files...took forever to load lol. Also, you could flatter the car a bit more by doing some touchup work on the body, i.e the front skirt has big scuffs and paint issues...clone those out for him. And I can't believe he didn't take the front plate off for a car show lol

#2 shows too much, stand where you were, but zoom in to fill the frame with the engine bay, and avoid your own reflection. Maybe some fill flash too, you lost the valve cover and deeper in the engine bay is black (no details).
Also, maybe (if the owner will let you) have someone hold the hood up (out of frame) and put the brace down. It's an unattractive line that throws off the balance of the shot.

#3 would be killer if you got lower, almost hub height to the wheel, show the brake caliper/rotor behind the wheel. I'm assuming the calipers are either upgraded or factory badass....show that!

#4 is a snapshot. To make it a good photograph, move the car so nothing is in front of it (get rid of the car/people in the shot), lay the front seats all the way back so you can get the bottom of the seats and shifter...up through the windshield...filling the frame from dead center behind the car. This would be VERY easy since it's a convertible, and would show the cockpit and how driver-centric the M's are. The factory leather seats are kind of "bleh" IMO, but if you want to show them, by all means lol

Hope that helps, thanks for posting photos of some great cars!

That Z is a beautiful machine. Love the motor work and the "sleeper" look to it. The M...well...it's an M...the best of the best. lol

#1 Is a good shot but don't use Imageshack to host such large files...took forever to load lol. Also, you could flatter the car a bit more by doing some touchup work on the body, i.e the front skirt has big scuffs and paint issues...clone those out for him. And I can't believe he didn't take the front plate off for a car show lol

#2 shows too much, stand where you were, but zoom in to fill the frame with the engine bay, and avoid your own reflection. Maybe some fill flash too, you lost the valve cover and deeper in the engine bay is black (no details).
Also, maybe (if the owner will let you) have someone hold the hood up (out of frame) and put the brace down. It's an unattractive line that throws off the balance of the shot.

#3 would be killer if you got lower, almost hub height to the wheel, show the brake caliper/rotor behind the wheel. I'm assuming the calipers are either upgraded or factory badass....show that!

#4 is a snapshot. To make it a good photograph, move the car so nothing is in front of it (get rid of the car/people in the shot), lay the front seats all the way back so you can get the bottom of the seats and shifter...up through the windshield...filling the frame from dead center behind the car. This would be VERY easy since it's a convertible, and would show the cockpit and how driver-centric the M's are. The factory leather seats are kind of "bleh" IMO, but if you want to show them, by all means lol

Hope that helps, thanks for posting photos of some great cars!

That's some good advice. Thank you sir.

I do not know how to "clone" things in PS... I'll google it tho.

Thanks again.

In addition to what has already been said, I would recommend a Circular polarizing filter for number one. It will bring out the blue sky and reduce some of the reflected light on the black car.

In addition to what has already been said, I would recommend a Circular polarizing filter for number one. It will bring out the blue sky and reduce some of the reflected light on the black car.

A what...?

meh the pics are just the run of the mill looking to me like you just held the camera out and took the picture, like before i had my camera i just took random shots at car meets and races of cars i liked since i didnt care how artistic they looked. but this season will be different.
like was said before get in close and super close find intresting lines and play with the focus; its ok to take pics where a viewer may not know what make/model the car is.

Looks good, this is why I'm getting into photography.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back