A few shots from Berlin and Paris

West_Berliner

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Just thought I'd share a few shots from my trip to Europe in May. (Bigger versions are on my flickr page for anyone interested: www.flickr.com/photos/west_berliner)

The Wall at Bernauerstraße
203333118_a9d7205492.jpg

Schiller at the Gendarmenmarkt
203333282_29bb81903c.jpg

Lion in front of the Konzerthaus, Gendarmenmarkt
203333368_9139ed74d8.jpg

Schloß Charlottenburg
203332880_2a8c71f8ec.jpg

One of my favorite shots from Paris, in Montemartre
203172001_a9980d2bdb.jpg

Eiffel Tower at Night
203054894_70b93d58ab.jpg

looking forward to reading your comments :)

Now let me think ... didn't we have the discussion on here about whether it is on the border to "illegal" to photograph the Eiffeltower with its lights on at night because the person who set up these lights reserved all his rights to his art? I think there was a member around here who knew about that and said something like "so nowadays actually all night photos taken are illegally taken" or so? Anyone remembers?

Which will not prevent thousands of photographers to take photos of the richly lit Eiffeltower at night ... if I ever got to Paris, I would do the VERY same! That is for SURE! How can the right to such a public site be reserved??? Ts!

I like your Berlin-Photos.
Have been to Berlin for only one afternoon and I cannot say I have been to any of the places that you photographed and are showing here. Have you come across my threads on Berlin then?

LaFoto said:
Now let me think ... didn't we have the discussion on here about whether it is on the border to "illegal" to photograph the Eiffeltower with its lights on at night because the person who set up these lights reserved all his rights to his art? I think there was a member around here who knew about that and said something like "so nowadays actually all night photos taken are illegally taken" or so? Anyone remembers?
There are issues with publishing night photos. You should be fine taking photos, it's just that the use of the images at night is restricted.
From the Eiffel Tower site:

Q : Is the publishing of a photo of the Eiffel Tower permitted?
A : There are no restrictions on publishing a picture of the Tower by day. Photos taken at night when the lights are aglow are subjected to copyright laws, and fees for the right to publish must be paid to the SNTE.

dsp921: wow, i had no idea that you had to pay a fee to publish a night shot of the eiffel tower.
thanks for posting that, good to know. :)

Antarctican: thanks!

LaFoto: Ill have to go take a look at your Berlin shots. I haven't been on the forum much lately, but I'd love to see your shots! I'll go look for them now :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back