A few shots from my trip to Seattle...

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by bass_lover1, Aug 5, 2010.

1. bass_lover1

bass_lover1 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Since I'm still learning, I'm trying to get out more and just shoot and see what happens.

So here are a few from my trip to Seattle this past weekend, as always I'd love to hear what everyone's opinions are on them.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Gaerek

Gaerek TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I love Seattle, one of my favorite cities!

1) I think this could do with some cropping off the top, and maybe the bottom. I don't know, maybe crop it to horizontal. There just seems to be too much happening on the top, and not enough on the bottom. There's potential here, to be sure.

2) I like the pano, not much to say here, except I'd like to see a bigger version. :)

3) There's something about this shot that's bugging me. Maybe it's the perspective tilted buildings. I don't know, just something I don't like that I can't quite put my finger on.

4) I think this would be stronger with the negative space on the right of the frame and the tug boat on the left. Like this, it looks like there's no where for the boat to go.

5) I like the composition, but I think there's too much going on in this scene. Maybe if the background were a bit more OOF it would look stonger. As it is, my eye is all over the place in this frame.

Not bad work. Keep up the good work, and keep posting!

3. BluePhoton

BluePhoton TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Beautiful pics, i am from seattle and i know all these places :)

Didn't you take any pics from the balcony facing the sea ? that is the favorite place of photographers.. very nice view and lots of ships coming and going.