A few shots from Tampa Lowery Zoo

Ajay

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I took about 200 pictures at the zoo last week and I only like 4 of them... :er: I guess I'll just have to take my frustration to the camera store and buy myself a new zoom lens. :) C&C always welcome and appreciated.

These looked a lot sharper to me in PS than they do here...

1-
DSC_0141.jpg

2-I really like this one a lot. Is it interesting at all? Anything that would make it more interesting?
DSC_0117.jpg

3- Is the background too bright?
DSC_0072.jpg

4- Goats aren't the most exciting creatures but I liked this guy's beard.
DSC_0024-1.jpg

Thats a good idea Brandon. Thanks.

and one more try...

its shocking that you have had to bump this thread twice in a row to get a comment!!

#1 is perfect

#2 I really like but it looks like you have cut around the ape, well it looks like that on this monitor, there seems to be a brighter area just around its arms

#3 is a Meerkat, nuff said :lol: they always make me smile

#4 is a Goat and to be honest I'd rather see a shot of a Penguin ;-)

Yay lp! Thanks for commenting!

You are right about number two...it was an erasing thing since I haven't quite gotten the hang of masks. I've already gone in and fixed it, just couldn't be bothered to reupload here.

I wanted to take shots of the otters there so badly, but their habitat could only be viewed under water and the glass was all dirty and the water was an icky green color. Oh well. It wasn't the best of zoos really.

Thanks again for the comments! :)

Nice shots! Except for no.1 there's almost no clue that it's in a zoo. I like No.1 and No.3 best. The BG isn't too bright imo on No.3 (you asked). Also if they look different to you here than in PS what browser are you using? I'm usually on the mac and I noticed that Netscape, FireFox, and Explorer look very poor compared to Safari either on the PC (same monitors) or on the mac as the case may be. Someone told me Safari is color profile aware and the others aren't (although FF3 just released now says that it is too). If you're using a color profile other than sRGB I guess it's called, then other browsers won't look right. It's usually only colors that look different but that certainly could affect sharpness if it hits in an AA spread or something.

Thanks for the comments guys!

And yeah, NJ, I feel like that a lot! :)

I am not the biggest fan of the apes, but number 2 is a really good bit of work - interseting and good composition - though I agree about getting the upper bit of the pole in the dark ( black paint brush methinks ;))

Ahh Meerkats I really like this pose - smiling for the camera! They are good back-ups for otters which tent to me to either be hiding in their homes or moving around (I don't know why but I can never seem to get these sleek creatures sharp!)

overall I really like the composition work here - and the shooting in the daylight is well controled - even in the last you are keeping the whites from blowing out!

Wow great photos, I love number 2 the best.

It looks very unique! :mrgreen:

Nicely captured Ajay. Love the unique take on the second image. These all look great to me. Well done.

I was just reading an article on Meerkats this week. They are amazing and probably the best example in the animal kingdom (including humans) of a community working harmony. Did you realize they employ the services of babysitters so that Mom can go out to forage in order to feed the babies and Dad watches over her. Attrition rate is sad.

Oh... about your photos, yeah of course they're good. #2 is my vote. Not the best goat I've seen but I'm a Capricorn. Hard-headed, smelly and horny are the best and most accurate descriptions. :lmao:

Thanks for sharing.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back