A few shots from the cafe at work.

JRob

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took a few pics last night at the cafe at work. I really wish I could clone out the table in the right corner of number 1 and the painting in number 2.

cafepicvj3.jpg

fixture2jc1.jpg

oddlightsgd3.jpg

cafepicuj5.jpg

I got rid of the reflections in the painting and the window of the light the best I knew how to. I think it looks better without the distracting reflections.

Also there is a lot of noise because of imageshack. The originals dont have the noise.

I actually really like those shots mate, nice atmosphere.

Hope you dont mind, but i had a go at removing that table...
cafepicvj3e.jpg

and the painting... its not great but a bit of messing with the smudge and blur tool should see you there.
fixture2jc1e.jpg

Leave the painting in #2. But skew the top left out further to the left and get rid of the corner shadow. The picture frame adds an element to the shot.

yeah, #2 is a little boring without the picture frame and still has the distraction of that corner shadow.

Nice job removing that table, though.

Regardless of what you do, the down lights in #1 are blown out.

The play of diminishing perspective lines, color and reflections on the wall are soothing in the last. Patrons may have improved the image by giving some life to an otherwise static moment.

cafepic2mu0.jpg

I tried to get rid of some of the brightness around the lights.

Nice effort, but they still overpower the scene IMO.

There is a really neat way of toning down blown high lights, which I've put as an action on my web site, if that would help you with #1 - looks a cool sort of place. Well done

Most reactions

Back