A few shots from today

ababysean

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
it was VERY cloudy but I really like the dark look....

there is no photoshop on any of these, but I'd like to know what I can do in photoshop to improve them?
Thanks!

Let me know what you think!

vflh6s.jpg

2lm8obr.jpg

2aj445j.jpg

xmuzia.jpg

35n54yq.jpg

bumping just because I'm looking forward to edit these in a few when the kiddo's hit the bed!

Cloudy days are better for naturally lit photos than sunny days (most of the time, without reflectors and stuff anyway)

Nice sharp closeups (3 especially), though 4 and 1 are a bit soft, missed focus. You kinda goofed the framing on number 1 too. I know the frustration, I try to focus on my daughter and she runs around (like in #1) and I miss one shot after another.. wearing out my shutter.

#2 should have been in portrait orientation (hold cam vertically). The fence is kind of distracting to me..

As far as editing, I'd crop #1 down to frame her better. I'd resize #2 to be in portrait dimensions. I'd try to darken the background in #3 and maybe play with the colors a bit. There's a little bit of a yellow/green cast on the left side of face on the photo.

1. Too much empty space up top. Focus seems soft.

2. I'm not a fan of behind the fence shots, but maybe if you turned it portrait like reznap said?

3. You cut off the top of his hair, and if just a little more of his hand was showing the framing would be great. Very sharp though. Fill flash would have been your friend in this shot.

4. I like this shot. Maybe try to sharpen it up a bit and get rid of the reflection that forms a line across his eyes. Maybe brighten it up just a hair. Still a really good shot, might be able to make it great.

5. He's scaring me.

Overall not too bad especially when it looks like it was a fun day at the park, not a photo shoot. I'd learn how to use some good fill flash, that might have helped most of them.

If you're not already, select one focus point and focus on the eyes.

I think I need glasses because out of all of them, #3 looks the most out of focus to me then any of them! haha
I guess I'll get checked out this week. man that would suck for me!

It was a good day for people shoot. No harsh shadows, and the skin colors are great.

I wouldn't photoshop any of these unless the few blemishes on the boy bothers you.

The girl's face in #1 is too soft. I would also re-crop so that she is either centered, or placed on the other side of the frame slightly. About the cropping on 3 and 5, I would have preferred them not so tight.

The girl behind the fence is my favorite. You caught a great smile. It would be a real keeper for me.

Most reactions

Back