TPF Noob!
Reaction score
1.)
6686aa52fe17f1b5a4d468169ff36076.jpg

2.)
4590524529_4886f4942d_o.jpg

3.)
cd57a2fcc6bbc4f0f3ef0e3a93d96586.jpg

Shot in downtown Detroit. Looking for critique. I've never shot people before.

I've never shot people before.

lol

the first one i'm not that found of, not very interesting imo.

the 2nd is quite nice, though i find the background distracting.

the 3rd is my fav of the 3, though personally i find the person in it unnecessary, the rest of the scene look really nice.

I'll have to disagree with Timothy on the first one haha it's my favourite from these three! :D

I do find the crops a bit too tight, would have loved to see what's going on around that guy...I'm would have loved to see more of the story what was happening at that moment :) Was he having people passing by and not paying attention? Did he get a crowd cheering and getting out their wallets?

On three I agree, the person gets a bit lost in this image due to his positioning, size and also colour of clothes. It's almost Find Waldo ;-) But I do like the shot though :)

I agree with the other comments as well. I'm not sure what to focus on in the first one... but I do really like the 2nd and 3rd pictures. I really like the coloring on the 3rd, its an interesting picture, but you probably didn't need the guy to focus on because the scenery is enough.

Very nice!

First shot is great. You can almost feel his soul and the life he has lived. I think it tells a great story and if you had cut it tighter, you would have lost the unique building texture. 2nd his legs disappear into the box and the revolving door just strikes me as weird. I think more of a side angle and maybe upward would have made a better statement. 3rd is a great shot, but I agree with the others, the guy gets lost in the beauty of the rest of the shot. Having shot closer to him with less DOF woulda made a great "person" shot. Great job overall though!!!

I think that a big part of this photo was somewhat ignored. The suitcase is tattered and barely held together...possibly like the subject himself.
or
The suit case is old, hard worked and still working...possibly like the subject himself.

Maybe another angle could help tie the two together more.

I do like the first one, I like the pattern the wall corners make behind the man. It's also nice how it gets lighter towards the right.

The third one however, I'm not sure I particularly like. The setting is very good, it looks like a really nice place to photograph. However, I feel that the person there is throwing of the leading lines.

You have the lines created by the pole things in the ground; this fits in nicely with the strong red and the steam which catches the eye. But then the man with his gaze creates a strong leading line going outside the photo, not towards the middle. I feel this makes the shot a little jarring.

Overall though, nice work with the photos and good luck taking shots of people in the future.

Most reactions

Back