A few shots with my new lens(4 pics)

chris82

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
shutterbugs.myfreeforum.org
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I finaly got a chance to try out my new lens today(sigma f.4 55-200mm),We only had a few hours of good light but heres 4 of the shots.I was using manual focus so let me know what you think.

1)
chillin.jpg

2)
flight.jpg

3)
crowninganangel.jpg

4)
look.jpg

Thanks for looking.

wow, manual focus on a bird in flight? dang, call me a noob but i dun think id be able to do that! its nice.

Chris! You have shown so much improvement! Great shots, excellent DOF and color. Remember, we told you, improvement shall come with practice!

They are really good, Chris! Now look at the gull in flight! That one is competition for Sir Ray's pics!

Great pics in flight one looks brilliant :mrgreen::er:

:hail: number 2 stunning

number 3 is a winner as well

2 is really well captured!

as for no. 1 .. it would need some postprocess-sharpening. is it a crop?

[EDIT: ... hey, that was post 2000 for me :p]

Yea rub it in why dont you lol.look closer at no one I intentionaly sharpened the bird on its own by using a magnetic lasso so I could give a better dof.but if you look at the bird closley you will see it is very sharp

yes, realised something was odd there ;) looks a bit unnatural .. but probably the only way to get rid of something distracting in the background.

sorry ... ;)

BTW, as for that metal person, the last image is very well exposed and sharp , as for the crop, i find such metal-wire sculptures always hard .. i tried one myself recently, but would not show my poor results here ;) .. yours is better.

Most reactions

Back