A few shots with the new glass....

Crimsonandwhite

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Nothing fancy, just went out on the back porch and took a few of Sir Winston...he is like a little person. C&C always welcomed, in fact it is judged!

Winstonoutside.jpg

Winstonoutside2.jpg

winstonoutside3.jpg

Last edited:
Looks great. I like the staging of number one the best. I think these could benefit from a little boost in saturation. Although, number one I think might be perfect as it is. Maybe even a little bit more desaturated.

C&C per req:

1. Good exposure and pose, but the setting leaves more than a little something to be desired. Perhaps try and shoot some out of doors with a lawn/hedge setting?

2. I think this would have worked better if you'd move a little more to the right so that you were looking more torwards him.

3. Nice, however I think perhaps a greater DoF and more carefully selected focus point would have allowed his muzzle to be in focus as well as his eye. A large, soft area so prominent in the foreground is a bit distracting.

Just my $00.02 worth - your milage may vary.

~John

I like #1 the most, but I also need to chime in because I too have an English Bulldog, and his name is Churchill. Great minds think alike, I guess.

churchill.jpg

I actually cranked the Saturation up in CS3 but when I moved them over here they lost some, is that normal?

Tired, I agree the setting blows, but I just got my hands on the 24-70mm 2.8L and had to shoot at something :)

I also agree that the muzzle on #3 needs to at least be more in focus.

I also missed the focus point on #2, I was aiming for the eye and ended up being a bit lower and to the left.

All in all, I think this lens is pretty sweet, sure is heavy :) but I kinda like that....

Roll Tide!!!

Heres one of my bulldog.

bama1-1.jpg

oh and i reopened these in CS3 and the colors are alot better (deeper saturation)

I use photobucket to upload, anyone else notice a problem with the difference?

Most reactions

Back