Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Out in the backyard playing around.

Hen & Chicks
DSC03969.jpg

DSC03965.jpg

DSC03951.jpg

DSC03966.jpg

My biggest pet peeve is when people take pictures of flowers with something other than green (assuming the stems are green) or other same flowers in the background. It's called creating an environment for the picture and it is the best thing you can possibly do. And, if you can't, get down really low and the sky works as a great backdrop, too.

Flash doesn't really work well when you're that up close, if it is directly on it, either. What kind of camera?

Sony A350.

So you're saying that the only thing in the flower shots should be the flower and the green background(stem/grass)?

All these images are just straight center composed images of flowers, nothing really interesting in terms of subject matter.
As mentionned, there is a good deal of "other" stuff in the frame that is distracting and does not contribute to the overall image (IMO).

I also find the exposures are off. The second and last image seem very bright while the before last one seems dark...in fact, the white flower seems more grey

I dont get the first image. There are rocks, part of another flower in the upper right,...

Read on composition, look at pro flower pics to get an idea of what they do. Start by immitation and then take that and make it your own. Learn to get in close on the subject, fill the frame with it, eliminate the background when it doesnt add to the image, learn about compositional techniques like the rule of third, triangles, lines and so on. Learn then, master them, then break them

Not the only thing... Space can also be a priority. But in the kind of shots you seem to take, yes. The only thing that should be in the frame are things that fit with the composition.

1) don't center your subject. crop the top right corner
2) out of focus. try to pick something to focus on.
3) okk....another flower
4) dark and soft
5) ok...

well most of your photos are very soft. work on composition and focus.

Most reactions

Back