A few views of Edinburgh from the crags -- castle.

cigrainger

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I went hiking up the crags last night in freezing weather. Unfortunately it was so windy that most of my later long exposures ended up blurry. These few will have to suffice. C&C welcome and encouraged! I like constructive criticism.

3260259114_61dfb27e2a_b.jpg

3260245826_1ed4816e72_b.jpg

3260256986_9aa3346db9_b.jpg

Great shots. My only suggestion would be a mild graduated ND or cooling filter to bring some sky detail back, if you're into doing some post processing. Also a slight adjustment on levels for #2 might get you some more detail back in and lighten up a tad. On #1, if you have another similar situation, perhaps exposure bracket so you can "blend" the exposures together and get that nice sky to show back up?

Really, my only critiques would be with some post processing to enhance. Compositionally, they're very good and I like them! Wish I could find some time to travel myself. Keep up the good work!

Are you still that much into film and medium format or where these digitally taken?
And wow, you did climb up there. When my sister and I were in Edinburgh, I had brought the wrong pair of shoes and my feet were extremely sore. Very. Else we'd have tried to climb the crags, too. But not the way I were - Calton Hill was a challenge already in those shoes. Boy, what I remember most from that 3-day-trip are my sore feet :shock: !

Of the three, I really like the last best, where the lights come on already, though the zoom-in on the Castle is also nice! But I agree: with a bit of pp, they might becomeheven more expressive. They are a bit on the "pale" or "milky" side. But since they are good to begin with, you can easily make them even better.

Most reactions

Back