A few wedding shots

i like 2 for its composition and 4 for his guinuine (sp?) smile.
you did really nice on these.

but wow she really pulls the fake smile, looks like you still managed spectacular shots tho.

love the first one... nice work! it's always nice to see great pictures taken in yr own back yard ;)

Crumb you have fill flash down to a science, do share! ;)

Lovely work, they are going to be outright delighted with the quality

well the lighting on them is defiantly not flattering. I know thats kind of hard for you to control but imho coming back at a different time of day or moving to some shade areas then using a reflector would have turned out some better shots.

on #5 and 6 I think that the railing is a bit distracting as it is because you can't really tell why there needs to be a railing. Maybe pull out a bit so you can see more. Also the angle on the shot is a bit low.

On #3 you cut off the head of the shadow which leaves it as a distracting element rather than a part of the shot. You need either the whole shadow or none of it.

The posing on #1 seems a bit awkward and I would have liked to see the flame in focus

I'm not trying to tear you apart just give you an honest critique.

Thanks for the critique.

This was a wedding shoot, no chance of doing it at a different time of day. I know the lighting is studio quality, but I'm working as a one man team, in a outdoor location with a tight time constraint. On camera (bracket) flash was my best option.

#3 was just trying something different. I took a handful of shots in the direct sun and none of them were my favorite. She really liked the bright green grass so we tried a few things. I agree, including the whole shadow may have been better.

lovley shots BM!

#2 has to be my fav :)

I had a play around with #6 if you dont mind, as for me, it was lacking something:

1448562503_21434d45d0_o.jpg

Thats cool.. How did you do that?????

Mike my favorite is #2. It looks like it would be a great album cover. Very soft almost pastel .. Fits very well. How did I miss this??? Great job Mike.

Most reactions

Back