A few wildlife shots from Yellowstone...

Detoff

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The wildlife wasn't too cooperative this trip through, a few elk and bison were about it...

Can't an elk take a nap without some guy with a camera snapping shots...
Elk-Eye.jpg

Hey ladies, how do you like the look?...
Bull-Elk-decoration.jpg

Step out of the car, I dare you...
Bull-elk--tourists.jpg

I see you too...
Bison-Eye.jpg

Drop some foood, come on, drop some...
Raven.jpg

Nice shots.
The second one is funny.

Dani.

That third photo of yours here ... while all photographers in those big parks usually try to create an impression of "wildlife" and "solitude" (just the photographer and the wild animal), that photo so nicely shows the reality, I have NEVER seen something like that before and therefore appreciate MUCH that you took that photo with all the tourists, cars, cameras out. Where there is an animal, I guess there are dozens of cameras out, too? Nothing like "wildlife" and "solitude"?

The second IS funny! :lol:

But I also like the close-up on the bison and his (her?) weary look and the impatient shouts of the crow. The sky formed the perfect background to that one!

Those are brilliantly focussed with nice DOF. 2 and 3 are indeed very funny shots that tell a story. And I just love the crow snap. :)

Where there is an animal, I guess there are dozens of cameras out, too?

Yes, in fact as you drive through the park, when you see a bunch of cars parked around the road, there's likely something to photograph. Everywhere you stop it's a bunch of expensive white lenses and nikon equivilants. If you pull off the side of the road and step out with your camera, everyone that drives by will stop to see what your shooting, and likely get out to shoot too!

Most reactions

Back