A Fireworks Thread.

A little late but I just uploaded my memory card.

These were just two I liked a lot... no editting on either of them

DSC_0176.jpg

DSC_0225.jpg

I'm gonna bump this back up to the top with some pics from Saturday and Sunday. (Yes, I shot fireworks 3 nights in a row. :) ) For EXIF data, click on my flickr link and they're in the Fireworks '09 folder.

First up, my impossible glass flowers. These were amateur fireworks. The first one is untouched, only scaled. The second one is cropped slightly but otherwise untouched (again except for scaling).

3694937127_943dff77fe_b.jpg

3695761700_a9f8635498_o.jpg

This one is heavily cropped. Love the reflection on the water.

3696426928_78a6ba3f5e_b.jpg

Then one from Sunday. This is just a crop that I like the look of.

3695618419_8a63af4996_b.jpg

DUDE! The first 2 are freaking awesome!
I like the 4th too, is that camera shake? Zooming during exposure like (Ians?) whaich was cool.

You should be real proud of yourself for those first 2! Nice captures.

Paul, the first one is especially beautiful.
Did you use some fill flash?

Paul, the first one is especially beautiful.
Did you use some fill flash?

Thank you Bitter Jeweler. No fill flash, I just got lucky with that one. My settings for that shot were:

Exposure Time: 0.0100 s (1/100)
Aperture: f/8.0
ISO Equiv.: 100

LOL, it's a little depressing seeing all of the colorful fireworks in this thread now, ours were pretty lame in comparison.

We stayed at home and lit fountains both last year and this year. For some reason the fireworks sold in TNT's "Proud Eagle" package were quite lame in comparison to what they had in the same set last year. I don't know what happened, but none of them went really high, nor did they whistle... For some unknown reason they didn't sell the trapazoid shaped "Iced out" that we used as our finale last year, nor did they sell any sparklers. :( I don't know if it was budget cuts or changes in city regulations.
DSC06582.jpg

fountain.jpg

DSC06169.jpg

DSC06511.jpg

It doesn't work too well being both the one lighting the fireworks and trying to get the camera ready right after they light...

LOL, it's a little depressing seeing all of the colorful fireworks in this thread now, ours were pretty lame in comparison.

Don't be depressed. It was quite refreshing to see that first one of yours. It captures the white glitter sparks absolutely perfectly. You captured the particulate embers. Most of us got color streaks :lol:. It almost looks like its a solid, kinda like pipe cleaners. It looks like an alien flower. I think it's quite impressive, myself.

[edit] MJI ninja posted. Nice shots. I really like the last one, for it's abstract quality. And the first for the sparks, light and smoke combo.

I agree, I like the white glittery fireworks and that was a good capture of them. When I lived in Milwaukee, and used to watch the State Fair fireworks in their 4th of July party, I loved it when they included a lot of them in the show. They where one of my favorite kinds over many of the colored kinds, including the smile faces.

Thanks Bitter Jeweler. Those were some of my favorites out of the shooting this year. I shot more colorful ones last year but a lot of them had camera shake issues or were too blurry.

I wish I could have gotten the city skyline behind them but they don't shoot them off at the right angle. :) Gotta love smalltown fireworks.

DSC_0375.jpg

DSC_0384.jpg

DSC_0443.jpg

Can I just say that all of these pictures are absolutely amazing? You have all done a great job! Happy summer to all! :thumbup:

Hello everyone,

Still very much a newbie. Here was my first attempt at fireworks:

1.)
DSC_0071.jpg

2.)
DSC_0087.jpg

3.)
DSC_0114.jpg

4.) Using the video mode for the finale:

Off topic, but from the parade earlier in the day:

1A)
DSC_0038.jpg

2A)
DSC_0054.jpg

Hope that everyone had a happy and safe 4th of July.

-Andy

Too close to the action, but it was great!
3696945757_088895f6c7_o.jpg

3697756072_93ec5f8c10_o.jpg

3697756152_8ee03bb7b0_o.jpg

3696945573_44751627cb_o.jpg

3697756344_46dcef25f5_o.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back