a first attempt at flowers...

Buddhabuddha

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.usefilm.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
a coworker asked me to take pics of some orchids she had blooming in her home. I didn't really want too at first due to the fact that I have never shot flowers before... but now that I see some of them it is something I would like to work on a bit more. Any info people can give me would be great.

feel free to edit if you wish...
1334555-large.jpg

i think you nailed exposure, very interesting composition (i like how they smaller as they go down)

focus is good and nice use of DOF.

i would sy you did a great job

Thanks, i think that was the best of my first attempt, here are 3 more from the same "shoot" I shoulda posted them all at once, but had to get the others hosted... i guess i need to work on my organization.

1334851-large.jpg

1334860-large.jpg

1334863-large.jpg

Excellent. You do good work.

Very good job for your first time..

Steve

Looks good. I like the first one the most. The last one I like the buds and blooms going away from the shot rather than coming towards you....just the only thing is the focus is on one of the flowers a little way up the limb, and you have that main bud right out front that is outta focus.

yeah, I need to work on the depth of field a bit, and or the focal point. Let me take a look at some of my others and see if any of them have a different focal point.

thanks a ton!

Most reactions

Back