www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
He's lost everything with flood !!!

1)
Face1.jpg

2)
Face2.jpg

those are great portraits! I like his expression -Moni great job.

Am I visually challenged or am I the only one to see that both photos are blurred and are having serious light issues?

If find particularly the first one way too dark and would so much prefer to see this man's eyes. But one is all lost in the deep shadows that the bright sunlight is producing and the other barely to be seen.
Plus it seems like the focus is on the wall behind him.

This isn't saying that they're not TOUCHING by their very message (which, however, you had to give us in words to accompany these two photos, Moni), and the man looks quite proud, despite what has happened to him, especially in the second photo (where you look up to him).

But I find they are both having technical issues.
Must I not say this? This is the Critique Forum, after all, isn't it?

To be honest, LaFoto, I'm staring at a monitor that has a huge glare on it right now. I'll be able to see it better in the afternoon, but you are probably right.

It Moni’s style, his images IMO have an old look to them. Would love to see some print on heavy paper.

Maybe you should've saved thesse for the emotions contest this month. You can read exactly what he's thinking. Great shots!!

hobbes28 said:
You can read exactly what he's thinking.

Forgive me if I disagree here, Hobbes.
Had Moni not told us about this man's fate beforehand, but had let us know that this one's the proud owner of a herd of 60 goats who he all saved from the flood because of his foresight and wisdom, we'd have see THAT emotion in his face!

And Moni, you know that I am a great, great fan of your photography. You bring pictures into our world that we otherwise don't get to see - or if at all, then only in news broadcasts. Yours are sooo much more personal. And I do appreciate that. Plus you know that I am a particular fan of your country for some special reason...

But I still think that these two photos - your style or not - do have some serious technical issues. The main being that they are blurred. The other that this man's eyes can't be seen. But that is only my opinion. Critique is also personal opinion, of course.

This looks like a tough exposure as the man is so dark, to expose for his face one cannot help but overexpose the background. Their is much concern in his face. I would have liked to see his face better exposed and to hell with the background, but then again the side of his face may get blown out. I stll like the picture wish there were more pictures like that one posted here.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back