A Fond Farewell to One and All.

table1349

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
I will miss all of you. As of 6:15 p.m. last evening I committed to an act of delayed suicide. At that precise moment my finger hit check out button at B&H for a Canon 400mm f2.8L IS lens. It is due to arrive by Big Brown Friday.

Never in my life has my wife ever opened a credit card statement that had a single charge of $7,000.00 on it for photographic gear. I have the cash put away to pay off the statement the moment it arrives, however I fear that I may not live long enough to tell her that.

So if you see an estate sale on E-bay consisting of a lot of good, well cared for Canon gear by a wonderful blond woman, and you happen to buy a piece of that gear, think fondly of my as you use it. :D :mrgreen: :lmao:

BUT UNTIL she sees the bill, I am going to be in shooting heaven. :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Just make sure you post some photos before she whacks you. :lol:

Big Congrats.

I just hope she doesn't break it when she beats you senseless with it!

lol Are you looking for a good preowned Canon 400mm f2.8L IS icassell, You are evil :lmao:

hehehe

actually, I don't stand a chance -- she'll know what it's worth :(

Remember: It's better to ask forgiveness....Than to ask permission. :hail:

Man-o-Man you're brave :mrgreen:
Enjoy it and congrats!

A fitting demise that a photographer should get beaten to death with a lens by his neglected wife.

I hope one day I may die on the battle fields with such valour. My good man I salute you! :salute:

if the 400 2.8 is still working and sharp I'll take it - bloodspots might attract interesting wildlife!

have fun!

well I might have to learn to run if I go to afriac (UK is nice and safe -worst I can attract is the elusive panther and if one got a shot of one its enough to make a fortune from the media :) = worth a little running!

With a 400mm you still have to get fairly close to maximize the lens, some of my best shots with a 400mm where just outside minimum focusing distance, Close enough for mirror smack to scare the subject away.

Run fast, run hard, I'm sure icassell will be out to retrieve it when you are done with it :D

Most reactions

Back