A Forgoten house..

Nice composition, nice colors. I love it. Next tip from an "urban explorer" (gawd i hate that term)....GO INSIDE!!! lol.

Heh, this would be country explorer. lol. And.. it was posted, no trespassing... had there been no other houses around.. I probably would have, but there was one that could see me... and it could have been the owners. *shrugs*

And, about the cropping. it wasnt the sky that i cropped out.. although i did to a little of it cause there was a distracting limb sticking out on the left side of the picture. What i mainly cropped was some brick work where i guess a sidewalk or something use to start, taking the picture.. i thought it would have been good. When i looked at it after i got home... It just looked like an out of place object.

You might want to try turning it into a series with that one being the first in the series and then a couple of different cropped versions...one of just the front door, etc. It would also be great black and white I think, or if you could play with it a little and do it black and white with a few colors peaking through here and there like the bricks.

see if there's any highlight detail in the sky. darken the clouds a little bit.

You might want to try turning it into a series with that one being the first in the series and then a couple of different cropped versions...one of just the front door, etc. It would also be great black and white I think, or if you could play with it a little and do it black and white with a few colors peaking through here and there like the bricks.

Yea, im still trying to decide what else i want to do to it in photoshop I will probably try a B&W version one day when im bored on the computer.. heh. . I may go back to that place one day and try to get some more shots.

notelliot, what sucks about the sky is it was pretty well blown out, I tried to darken the clouds up some, then they started to look real grainy for some reason.. So the end result was what you see.

That's a great photo, the contrast is wonderful. I'm kind of expecting a bolt of lightening to strike down.....its eerie!

Nice shot!! I love the idea for the title hehehehe "The slanty shanty" ;) I too would like to see more sky. I like this shot a lot, but if you do happen to go back, I'd love to see a moody sky happen :D

Most reactions

Back