A FRESH start (pic heavy)

Comment on composition and technical aspects if you feel you have something to contribute. These pictures are very well taken and I'm sure the clients love them. This kind of comment is either a lack of any social filter or a deliberate attempt to offend. If you've ever been around children of this age, you would know that this child looks very calm and comfortable. They also don't sit up or open their eyes much. I laughed when I read this because it was so blatantly inappropriate.

I think the shots are excellent but I see nothing wrong with someone giving their opinion on them. It may seem a little strange but whatever people are entitled to state it besides I see no harm in saying something like that I don't think it was meant as some kind of insult to the baby or the photographer.

#4 is great and I love the froggy legs of #1

I really like how you try to find creative poses and set ups but I think it would be nice to see some more natural ones too. Baby in the crib or in parents arms etc.

I agree, I go on Thursday night to take some with the parents, today it was just about the baby. :)

I like them but know absolutely NOTHING about photographing infants so my opinion is quite useless...

I am curious about what YOU learned about your session though... what are you going to work on improving?

I have learned so much really..
- that not all newborns are asleep, or want to cooperate, even though they are so small.
- some newborns move more than expected.
- to keep an eye on my settings, as I took a few cute ones in a nice chair, but they are too noisy to use.
- baby must be well fed to fall asleep.
- I do NEED a black blanket/material to use as background.
- always keep an eye on composition (at the end, outside photos, I got a little distracted and did not get the shot I wanted)
- to schedule not only around the baby's time but the sun as well. )Sun was over the house, therefore, produced little natural light to work with.)

All stuff I will keep in mind on Thursday when I take shots of the family. But anymore tips or cc is welcome!

I like the restful comfort of 3. I like 4 but there's too much light on the butt and not enough on the face.

overall a great job!

Great point! I did not notice until now, something I will take a look at!

Most reactions

Back