a friend of mine asked me about taking pics to paintings .. your help please

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by Luciano, Feb 14, 2006.

1. Luciano

Luciano TPF Noob!

Hi all,
    thanks for reading.

A friend of mine is a painter and she wants me to help her pick a camera she can use to take pics of her work.
    The problem is that her budget is very limited, in fact I don't think she is willing to spend more than 250us$ ..

Personally, I don't think the p&s cameras availables at that price are going to be good enough for what she wants to do (mainly small printings and web publishing), but I could really use your oppinion here.

Thanks!

2. kemplefan

kemplefan TPF Noob!

oh thats a tough situation eh *scraches head* a p&s is definetly the right choice, canon nikon and kodak make 5mp p&s in that range, also if she wants a cool camera look at the sony i know some hapy freinds wiht them, also look for a minolta, stores will be trying to get rid of them becaus minolta pulled out of the camera buisinus

• Like Like x 1
  3. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    There are plenty of 35mm film cameras that would do the job quite nicely.

If the final objective is small prints and web publishing, then a decent P&S digital camera may work fine. Just don't expect to use the camera's flash...so lighting the art work properly will be the challenge.

I'm guessing that accurate color rendition will be important. In which case you will probably want a camera that has a Custom White Balance option.

• Like Like x 1