A friend

Shamir

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys, top busy.. however, yesterday was my friend's birthday so she told me to get my XTi to school.. so i went with the 50mm1.8 and the 18-55(didnt use it though) outside shots at ISO 100 and the first 2 inside the classroom at ISO 800. Fs are between 2.0-2.8

1-7.jpg

2-6.jpg

6-3.jpg

27.jpg

Hope you like them :)

The last one is cute. Watch the chin, though.

The first two lack light in the eyes. Dark eyes tend to look dead to people. We have no interest in looking at eyes with no light. Test it sometime. A reflector, turning her head toward the light a little, a flash (off camera, preferably) or a nearby window would all fix it.

The third is kinda cute but a "regular" expression would have worked better here. With the mouth skewed and hair across the near eye, the image feels off balance. I feel no connection to the subject at all.

Good tries, though. Watch your compositions. Too often we're tempted to get in tight since that's the current trend. Back off slightly to avoid cutting off things like that chin. You can always crop it during post later to get the closer look.

#1 I'd toss, and #4 is too contrasty for me. There's also that chin thing mentioned.

I kinda like the way 2 and 3 were composed and cropped. I would have preferred she was looking at the camera and smiling, but what the hell, you seemed to have caught the girl in them. I agree with Brian about lighting up the eye in #2 a bit, but it doesn't bother me that much here. I like the exposure, and the way you caught the sheen in her hair.

BTW, nice lens that 50mm 1.8.

Most reactions

Back