a fruit seller and a homeless guy

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by Mansi, Jul 17, 2005.

1. Mansi

Mansi TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    ok.. so i Finally hit the streets after 4-6 weeks.. dont know how i survived not shooting street :greenpbl:

here goes.. from yesterday.. not the results i was aiming for and not what i like..
    :grumpy: :x :( bad light.. bad wet day.. bad shoot

Love to know what you guys think :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. danalec99

danalec99 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    The second one is strong.

Wet days are actually one of my favourite time for photos. No worries about the harsh light, shadow etc. The earth is cleaner and has a special something about it. Check out the work of Steve McCurry. Not all of his stuff was done on spectacular lighting conditions.

Cheerio!

3. erniehatt

erniehatt TPF Noob!

Hi Mansi,love these pics well focused, and are a big improvement in composition, than the previous Shots. Well done Ernie

4. John E.

John E. TPF Noob!

Sure enjoy your pic's, nice to see life in other parts of the world. Nice shot, for an old guy he sure is limber

5. Surrealist

Surrealist TPF Noob!

I absolutely adore that first photo, I'm at work now but am going to download it when I get home. I have a couple of questions :

1. the shawl/material the man has on his shoulder - is this the same yard of material you see men wearing in other countries like Pakistan - or is it just the cloth he is covering his fruit with?

2. are those olives? the shiny black colour is brilliant. i assume the paper behind the fruit is a cone to hold it in.

a real eye-opener of a picture for me - western city boy that i am - thanks!!!

6. johng426

johng426 TPF Noob!

I think both photos are amazing in the images they portray. I especially like the second one. There is such a great social commentary with the trash can behind him saying "use me" . . . it is just something you couldn't plan, but are glad it was there.

Thanks for sharing.

John Gilmore

7. Chiller

Chiller Mental case

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Both of these are great shots. They show a lot of emotion, and hardship of trying to earn a living. I like the lighting, cause it is really natural. Very well done Mansi.

8. aprilraven

aprilraven TPF Noob!

these are just great, mansi..as always......good job! love the first one the best....just natural looking...

9. Mansi

Mansi TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Thanks everyone for your comments :D much appreciated

Surrealist - the cloth on his shoulder, umm i wouldn't really know... prob just something he carries around if he is living on the street... just to rest on.. coz it is hot .. he wouldn't cover himself up..
    no... those are not olives... they are some sweet berry like things.. and the paper is what its sold in.. and they usually sprinkle it with salt/rock salt.. i wouldn't know how it tastes really or what exactly it is.

Thanks everyone :D

10. HoboSyke

HoboSyke TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Cool shots Mansi.. I love seeing pics from other parts of the world. And seeing them in your photos is very nice. I would love to see some street pics of India. Keep up the good work!

11. thebeginning

thebeginning TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    i agree with danalec, nasty wet days are PERFECT for portraits. no harsh shadows, great diffusion. that first one i think is better technically, i really like it. the second one with the 'use me' bin behind him makes it all the more interesting. very nice job.

12. elsaspet

elsaspet TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Gosh, you always have the coolest photos. You have a wonderful knack for capturing emotions. Well done!