a fruit seller and a homeless guy

Mansi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
ok.. so i Finally hit the streets after 4-6 weeks.. dont know how i survived not shooting street :greenpbl:

here goes.. from yesterday.. not the results i was aiming for and not what i like..
:grumpy: :x :( bad light.. bad wet day.. bad shoot

Love to know what you guys think :)

dbfd32ff.jpg

a73c9014.jpg

The second one is strong.

Wet days are actually one of my favourite time for photos. No worries about the harsh light, shadow etc. The earth is cleaner and has a special something about it. Check out the work of Steve McCurry. Not all of his stuff was done on spectacular lighting conditions.

Cheerio!

I absolutely adore that first photo, I'm at work now but am going to download it when I get home. I have a couple of questions :

1. the shawl/material the man has on his shoulder - is this the same yard of material you see men wearing in other countries like Pakistan - or is it just the cloth he is covering his fruit with?

2. are those olives? the shiny black colour is brilliant. i assume the paper behind the fruit is a cone to hold it in.

a real eye-opener of a picture for me - western city boy that i am - thanks!!!

I think both photos are amazing in the images they portray. I especially like the second one. There is such a great social commentary with the trash can behind him saying "use me" . . . it is just something you couldn't plan, but are glad it was there.

Thanks for sharing.

John Gilmore

Both of these are great shots. They show a lot of emotion, and hardship of trying to earn a living. I like the lighting, cause it is really natural. Very well done Mansi.

Thanks everyone for your comments :D much appreciated

Surrealist - the cloth on his shoulder, umm i wouldn't really know... prob just something he carries around if he is living on the street... just to rest on.. coz it is hot .. he wouldn't cover himself up..
no... those are not olives... they are some sweet berry like things.. and the paper is what its sold in.. and they usually sprinkle it with salt/rock salt.. i wouldn't know how it tastes really or what exactly it is.

Thanks everyone :D

Cool shots Mansi.. I love seeing pics from other parts of the world. And seeing them in your photos is very nice. I would love to see some street pics of India. Keep up the good work!

i agree with danalec, nasty wet days are PERFECT for portraits. no harsh shadows, great diffusion. that first one i think is better technically, i really like it. the second one with the 'use me' bin behind him makes it all the more interesting. very nice job.

Gosh, you always have the coolest photos. You have a wonderful knack for capturing emotions. Well done!

johng426 said:
I think both photos are amazing in the images they portray. I especially like the second one. There is such a great social commentary with the trash can behind him saying "use me" . . . it is just something you couldn't plan, but are glad it was there.

Thanks for sharing.

John Gilmore

I agree with everything John Said. Very well done as usual Mansi! : )

Both are great. The first really jumps out for me. I feel like I'm almost there looking at the man.

Mansi, I'm officially a fan of yours. You have a great eye, and convey the story through your photos, remember us when your in print and sought after.

Most reactions

Back