a fruit seller and a homeless guy

I think everyone here has summed up well the way I feel about these and all your street shots in general.
you really do have an eye for conveying the feelings of street life mansi. :hail:
I was immediately struck by the message conveyed in the second shot. I think it's brilliant.
excellent work :D

Thanks you guys.. as always for the encouraging comments :D

Mansi, both the pics are amazing. Well done.

Surrealist said:
1. the shawl/material the man has on his shoulder - is this the same yard of material you see men wearing in other countries like Pakistan - or is it just the cloth he is covering his fruit with?

Surrealist, yes, the cloth is similar to the one you may see in Pakistan. It is called a 'Gamchha'; a large handkerchief cum scarf.

Surrealist said:
2. are those olives? the shiny black colour is brilliant. i assume the paper behind the fruit is a cone to hold it in.

Those are 'Jamuns', a sweet - sour fruit, very popular in India and one of my favourites. The word 'Jamun' is derived from it's colour - 'Jamuni' i.e. indigo.

Have a nice day.

hey nidhi thanks for all of that!!! eeks i should have known about the 'jamun'.. totally slipped my mind..
thanks for the info n for looking :D

Mansi said:
eeks i should have known about the 'jamun'.. totally slipped my mind..
I guessed so. Also, I am yet to find an indian girl who doesn't know about 'Jamun'. :lol:

Take care.

Nidhi said:
I am yet to find an indian girl who doesn't know about 'Jamun'. :lol:
What is it with girls and jamun? Excuse my ignorance! :)

danalec99 said:
What is it with girls and jamun? Excuse my ignorance! :)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: beats me!

Most reactions

Back