a gate

trm

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
this one didn't quite come out like i wanted but i'm not sure why. what could i have done to make it better?

CRW_1329_ew.jpg

if that's too big let me know and i will scale it down.

thanks

not much actually. it was a color image originally so i changed it to black and white and some level adjustment but that's about it. it was completly dark when i took it is the reason there is no detail on the front of the gate.

i was going for an eerie feel though

Success! That's a very eerie photo. What was the light source here?

hhaaaaaaa!! REally nice compostition. Dont know why you dont like it? I love it. Kinda reminds me of like the gate to heaven, lol.

i think the areas surrounding the door (just past the lit part) need more definition. especially the fence, which needs to stand out from what's behind it.

i sat staring at this for a while, i really thought it was two different images spliced together, but i can see now that it's not. kind of confusing

very eerie though. cool capture :)

thanks everyone.

a crop like this maybe?
CRW_1329_ew2.jpg

or even more maybe? feel free to give an example if you want

AlisonS said:
Success! That's a very eerie photo. What was the light source here?

forgot to answer this one, i was just using a flash light from behind the gate. i believe it was a 25 second exposure.

At first glance I didn't care much for this and reserved comment, but after revisiting it several times, it has certainly grown on me. The light penetrating the gate makes this for me! I like the crop better...keeps me more focused on the subject. Can you get rid of the plumbing vent pipe on the roof?

thanks again

here it is minus the pipe

CRW_1329_ew3.jpg

am i getting close?

The cropping helped focus the attention back onto the gate BUT........

I see the effect you're going for and it seems like you just got too much of it. Less light around the sides and top of the gate and more at the bottom. I'm seeing the whole haunted house, doorway with the light coming from underneath theme going on more then........................

Most reactions

Back