a gate

I also like the second crop better. I really like the shot. I almost want to say, try a very diffused foreground light directed onto the gate so we can see just a smidge of the gate detail, while the surrounding backlight is still the brightest. But that's being nitpicky, because it's pretty cool just as is. Nice job! :D

malachite said:
The cropping helped focus the attention back onto the gate BUT........

I see the effect you're going for and it seems like you just got too much of it. Less light around the sides and top of the gate and more at the bottom. I'm seeing the whole haunted house, doorway with the light coming from underneath theme going on more then........................

yeah your right, i really didn't intend for the light around the gate to be quite so intense, i need to try this one again i think and i'll try terri's suggestion and set up some kind of diffused foreground light.

thanks!

trm said:
malachite said:
The cropping helped focus the attention back onto the gate BUT........

I see the effect you're going for and it seems like you just got too much of it. Less light around the sides and top of the gate and more at the bottom. I'm seeing the whole haunted house, doorway with the light coming from underneath theme going on more then........................

yeah your right, i really didn't intend for the light around the gate to be quite so intense, i need to try this one again i think and i'll try terri's suggestion and set up some kind of diffused foreground light.

thanks!

Cool! I hope you post it here so we can check it out! :D

Most reactions

Back