keystervr6

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
still learning, please give me some C&C

2893533446_84ab6c9e4f_b.jpg

three things come to my mind with this shot

1) Firstly its dark - seems to have been a bright day, but I think you could have increased the exposure a little more -- now you can probably edit the shot and add brightness to it without any problems

2) I think you should crop out part of the far right of the shot - the gate that can be seen detracts from the shot - remove it and make the shot appear almost all wild (barring the strange thing in the tree ;))

3) Angle of shooting - I feel like I am looking down at the Giraffs - with such a tall animal I think if you angle the camera so that you are looking up rather than at or down you will get a more enhanced feeling of the size of these animals

I agree with the crop - I take a fair amount of shots at the zoo and hate to see anything in my images that makes it obvious the subjects aren't in there natural habitat. I'm not saying you should pretend they're in the wild, but obvious signs of captivity never sit well with the viewer, including me.

Overread: She looks young to me, and is bending down. The sense of size is probably quite accurate really, in this case. Not that an upward shot wouldn't still be possible.

did a little editing and came up with this due to Overread's comments...oh and the giraffe is a 4 yr old dude :D

2906143660_4f6169491d_b.jpg

How did I miss that? LOL!!! I have to say though, he doesn't look all that well built for a male... They usually have stronger looking shoulders and whatnot.

its cool..he hasn't been hittin the gym much lately

bump for more C&C

any comments on the 2nd pic?

Most reactions

Back