A Glimpse Of Sinulog 2010: Pasigarbo sa Sugbo

gregie27

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Litratista ng Cebu.Davao.Seascapes.Landscapes
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This will be dedicated to the rich culture Cebu holds. 38 provinces showing off their unique Festivals, a celebration like no other! "Pasigarbo sa Sugbo is in its second year, to be held annually during the province's founding anniversary....."

Had a great time shooting the event with friends and fellow photogs! I'll be looking forward to Sinulog 2010 and it's said that it's 10x more awesome! I'm now one shade darker but the experience was priceless! Pasigarbo!

THE ANTICPATION
3833008061_947250876d_b.jpg

BONGA FESTIVAL (SIBONGA)

Bonga festival is a form of thanksgiving for all the blessings and graces Sibonganhons have received from Sta. Filomena and Our Lady of Pilar especially for the abundant fruits found in the town.Bunga is a Cebuano word which means fruit in English.

#2 INLINE

ISO 125/ 17mm/ f4.5/ (1/500) OF A SEC/ CPL
3833921304_3481ea9a94_b.jpg

The festival will display the lechons in various costumes and decorations in a parade. Lechon in Cebu it the best all over the country, it doesn’t need a brown Mang Tomas sauce to make it tasty. inasal-Cebu” had made Cebu unique in the eyes of non-Cebuanos, especially Tagalogs.

#3 INASAL FESTIVAL (TALISAY)
ISO 125/ 17mm/ f4.5/ (1/500) OF A SEC/ CPL
3833159077_b450eaeed1_b.jpg

awesome pictures. i like the angles of the first and third and number 3 is the best. i think maybe a higher angle or more off centred would be better for the second one

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE COLOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALL OF THEM ARE CAPTURED BEAUTIFULLY!!!!!!!!

pic 1, whats she doing with her tongue ?:confused:

awesome pictures. i like the angles of the first and third and number 3 is the best. i think maybe a higher angle or more off centred would be better for the second one

Yeah thanks for the tip on the angling, was actually in a semi crouching position most of the time. its all about angling! haha;) thanks a lot!

thanks yemme!!!:hug::

You're welcome honey... I have been asking for carnivals/festival/parades pictures for the longest time. Mostly of the Caribbean.... I just love how the colors make you feel alive.. Ready to party. Even if it's pictures of a colorful row of houses.. I'll take it. Post more if you have any.

Ok now I have to harass Trinitakeoutguy (I think that's his name) for some shots ... I'm on a mission.

thanks yemme!!!:hug::

You're welcome honey... I have been asking for carnivals/festival/parades pictures for the longest time. Mostly of the Caribbean.... I just love how the colors make you feel alive.. Ready to party. Even if it's pictures of a colorful row of houses.. I'll take it. Post more if you have any.

Ok now I have to harass Trinitakeoutguy (I think that's his name) for some shots ... I'm on a mission.

haha yeah the colors are really something and the ambiance makes you want to party! haha:lmao: looking forward to seeing your coverage! all the best!

"Legend states that a Spaniard was walking around the place and met a townfolk near a bubbling underground spring situated along the coast of the town. The Spaniard asked the folk in Spanish as to the name of the place. The folk unable to perceive the Spanish language answered “bocal bocal” for he discerned that the Spaniard was asking about the bubbling spring. Bocal-bocal was a tongue twister to the Spaniard hence Moalboal."

#4 KAGSANGAN FESTIVAL (MOALBOAL)

ISO 100/ 32mm/ f8/ (1/125) of a sec/ CPL
3841563292_9ffa532176_b.jpg

Utanon festival is a celebration of good harvest through dance and music--- through music because the town of Dalaguete is not only known as the vegetable basket of the province but the music capital of the island as well.

UTANON FESTIVAL (DALAGUETE)
ISO 125/ 28mm/ f4/ (1/500) of a sec/ CPL
3841434673_790df18acf_b.jpg

Oh wow... I'm itching for a close up so I can see the design in detail of her headdress. The one thing that I like as an "artist" is to know that materials many people take for granted can be reproduced to create a spectacular object. It's not easy being creative. These are wonderful.

The second image ... that smile says it all. Pure good fun.

Really great shots I love all the colors. The only criticisim I might have is the angle you shot in a few of them got a little monotonous.

Really great shots I love all the colors. The only criticisim I might have is the angle you shot in a few of them got a little monotonous.

yea, the angling are a bit monotonous already. i wanted to throw in there bokeh shots but im limited to my uwa 17-40L. tele lens are really needed...:blushing:

Most reactions

Back