A good 35mm SLR camera?

Jhawk

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi, Im new to photography and im looking for a recomendation for a 35mm SLR camer that has.
  • Manual Shutter Speed
  • Manual F-Stops
  • Manual Focus
Im a high school student so im looking for somthing in a price range of about 50 to 100 dollars.

Thanks

You can probably find a good Pentax K-1000 or Canon AE-1 on eBay with lenses for around $100 or slightly above... I know I sold my AE-1 about a year ago with 5 lenses for $125...

Is the K-1000 good because my Older sister recommend it to me.

They are fairly nice, and very inexpensive. I used one for my HS photography class back a few years ago... hmmm about 17 years ago to be exact...=)

I'd spend a bit more and get something nicer, otherwise the Canon AE-1 is a great camera.

Forget the K-1000...go for the Pentax ME or ME Super. These days there's maybe a 10 dollar price difference, and you'll get a lot more camera. A word on the AE-1. It's a good, solidly built, classic camera, and I don't really have anything against it, but a stock Pentax SMC lens that will prob come with a used Pentax is much better quality than what you could expect to come attached to an AE-1. Oh, and the shutter is a lot smoother on the Pentax 35's. The shutter on the AE-1 is accurate, but kinda slappy. At slow speeds it almost makes me want mirror-lockup.

I have the canon rebel k2 which runs about 200 iono if you can spend that much maybe if you saved a tiny bit. I'm a highschool student as well and i have been very happy with it.

MaxBloom said:
Forget the K-1000...go for the Pentax ME or ME Super. These days there's maybe a 10 dollar price difference, and you'll get a lot more camera. A word on the AE-1. It's a good, solidly built, classic camera, and I don't really have anything against it, but a stock Pentax SMC lens that will prob come with a used Pentax is much better quality than what you could expect to come attached to an AE-1. Oh, and the shutter is a lot smoother on the Pentax 35's. The shutter on the AE-1 is accurate, but kinda slappy. At slow speeds it almost makes me want mirror-lockup.

if he needs something with manual shutter adjustments, then a Pentax ME wont work. i have one, and it only has Auto, 100x, and bulb settings.

Select a cam body based on the glass available for it. The body is ultimately just a light tight box with a shutter.

LWW

John_05 said:
if he needs something with manual shutter adjustments, then a Pentax ME wont work. i have one, and it only has Auto, 100x, and bulb settings.

Right, sorry. ME Super then.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back