A good word for SunPak Tripods... impressed...

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by ottor, Jun 10, 2009.

1. ottor

ottor No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Purchased a SunPak tripod at BestBuy last November.... Think I paid about $90 for it..... really like it because it's strong, and the center pulls out to become a monopod when needed.. Anyway - last month the nut that tightens the pan stripped. Wouldn't tighten .... went back to Best Buy - (allright, quit laughing..) - of course it was too late to return to them, and I was told that most manfr warranties are about 90 days, so I'm out of luck... Besides, paid cash, so no receipt....

Looking at some in a catalog, and noticed that the SunPak comes with a "Limited Lifetime Warranty".... I emailed the company and received a response....

Although it's company policy to have a receipt, if you'll ship your tripod back to us with $9.95 to cover return postage, we'll repair your tripod at no further cost to you....

OK - 7 months old, no receipt, and they'll fix it for free ..... I'm impressed, and felt they deserved this post... :thumbup:

r

2. Montana

Montana TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Customer service goes a long ways IMHO. Thats good to hear.

3. bigtwinky

bigtwinky No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Nice to hear a good story, forums are typically full of bad ones.

Why no receipt for a cash payment? Whether I credit, debit or cash, they always give me a receipt. The only times I don't get a receipt is buying off someone on Craigslist and such...

4. ottor

ottor No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    I normally only keep cash receipts for 'big ticket items', or anything related to a tax issue ..... otherwise, I'd be flooded with little pieces of paper that you never have a need for later..... (Did I just say that?) :scratch:

Anyway - 'good on them' ... Customer service has almost dissapeared recently, and it's the customers fault - we just take it and dont' demand better from the businesses.. This one stepped up to the plate and delivered...