A "Grand View" of Bryce Canyon (But Cropped!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenL

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This from a much larger view that included a lot of stormy sky. So, I cropped it to this smaller area because I liked how this shows some of the best elements that make Bryce.

4619641995_4ae71ba44a_o.jpg

Wow.... It's interesting. It's messing with my eyes. What did you do?

Wow.... It's interesting. It's messing with my eyes. What did you do?

Do? Now you're messing with MY head! is there something about this vista that you can't grasp? :gah:

Very cool :thumbup: it does kind of mess with my eyes to, it looks HDRish.

Do? Now you're messing with MY head! is there something about this vista that you can't grasp? :gah:

It's lovely! I can see it's a HD but I swear it feels like you did something else...
hippie4.gif

Hold on let me take a closer look
balloony.gif

Very cool :thumbup: it does kind of mess with my eyes to, it looks HDRish.

Thank you!

It's lovely! I can see it's a HD but I swear it feels like you did something else...
hippie4.gif

Hold on let me take a closer look
balloony.gif

Thank you!

PS This is a single image, not multi-shot HDR.

KenL;1913685 So is it a single-shot HDR then? AKA tone mapped? People throw around "HDR" for everything.[/quote said:
This was tonemapped. As you say, "HDR" is thrown around a lot....

HDR requires at least two images, usually with a different exposure for each. With Photoshop, and all other programs, we use a host of features to process our images. So, the notion that "tonemapping" is somehow different than using curves, levels, contrast, brightness, saturation, hue, layers, sharpening, etcetera, is amusing. There are some folks that think any processing of an image is wrong! :lol:

Many people have commented to me that they could use the "good-old standard processing features" without doing HDR and get the same effect. Same for tonemapping. That is probably true. After all, didn't people work "magic" in the darkroom before digital? Didn't painters use brushes before there were rollers, or sprayers?

I love the colors, its absolutely amazing!

Thank you Fraginator!

Personally, I don't care for the tone mapping here. It just looks too "fake" and I think you loose sense of the depth of field (not technical DOF, but how far back the stuff extends). Don't know if this makes sense, but it just seems as though everything is "there" right in front of you.

Personally, I don't care for the tone mapping here. It just looks too "fake" and I think you loose sense of the depth of field (not technical DOF, but how far back the stuff extends). Don't know if this makes sense, but it just seems as though everything is "there" right in front of you.

You are entitled to your opinion, and my opinion
of your opinion is that your opinion is worthless. :violin:

The nature of this forum is to get feedback on photographs. Having purely positive or purely negative feedback is never help to anyone. I gave you feedback based on my opinion of the technique you employed because I thought it would be helpful to you in the future. But thank you for your lovely reply; I have never used the "ignore" feature on this forum, but you have given me an impetus to search it out.

The nature of this forum is to get feedback on photographs. Having purely positive or purely negative feedback is never help to anyone. I gave you feedback based on my opinion of the technique you employed because I thought it would be helpful to you in the future. But thank you for your lovely reply; I have never used the "ignore" feature on this forum, but you have given me an impetus to search it out.

Do you really think that I would post a photo I didn't believe was good?
You have much too high an opinion of yourself.

You stated your opinion, and I told you what I thought of it. If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

PLEASE use the ignore button! If I never hear from you again it will be too soon. :eek:ldman:

Last time I checked, many people post photos to get Comments and Critique, and that means getting negative comments as well. So I think astrostu did nothing bad expressing his opinion, and you can just take it as something that you can use to improve on. I I have to admit that the tone mapping is a bit harsh as well, and I don't really enjoy looking at the image, but that is me.

Also think about this, someone posts a bunch of crappy portraits on here, and everyone says they like them...the person decides to charge people (most likely little, without contracts, etc) and the client will be disappointed with the product and now they not only have hatred towards the photog that shot them, but all other photographers, thinking everyone is as bad as that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back