A Guitar

i do like the hi-keyish effect and the sepia-ish tones :mrgreen:
i would however have given the guitar some more room to enhance it compositionally..
then again i like what you did! :D
thanks for sharing... film does totally rock ;)

Thanks, Mansi. Yea, everytime I say I'm gonna give up on film and stick with pixals, I give it one more change, and I like it. I really need to take a class. I would love to be able to develop on my own...maybe I'll work on convincing my bro-in-law to build a darkroom (he was talking about it a few months ago).

Thanks again.

Oh, Scott, here you go:

026_23A2.JPG

I really like both versions. though, the second one looks softer to me.
great job jo! you gotta post more from that film camera! :)

Alexandra said:
I really like both versions. though, the second one looks softer to me.
great job jo! you gotta post more from that film camera! :)

Yea, see my comment to Mansi. Right now it's put away, but I think I'll pull is out for next weekend. I have 2 or 3 more rolls of generic Kodak B/W film.

But next time, I think I'll actually ask y'all for advice on what kind of film to put in it...I still think I want to stick with B/W for the film cam.

Wow, it's like two completely different photos. I can understand the look you were going for in the 1st, but I think I like the original better. Maybe just a touch more contrast. I admire you for sticking with film and hope you'll share more!

Alison said:
Wow, it's like two completely different photos. I can understand the look you were going for in the 1st, but I think I like the original better. Maybe just a touch more contrast. I admire you for sticking with film and hope you'll share more!

Thanks Alison and Scott. I think the original is kind of flat. Alison, I think your right...a little more contrast. I really like the first, but I think I need to do this high-key thing in camera, so it looks better.

Don't you worry--I think I'm here for a while, so you will get to see lots of my stuff :)

Yea, I do actually like film, but it's just so damn expensive...maybe it would be worth setting up a darkroom--cheaper in the long run.

Thanks again.

Alison said:
Wow, it's like two completely different photos. I can understand the look you were going for in the 1st, but I think I like the original better. Maybe just a touch more contrast.

Took the words right outa my mouth, Alison.

Very nice image!

Pete

the original (the last one you posted) is way better IMO. the fist one you posted is just too blown out.

I really like the original alot

OK, so while I still like the first one (well, as Alison put it, I like the IDEA of the first one), I have taken your suggestions and come up with this...is this looking any better?

Oh, I also put a border in it, just cuz I like borders :)

Thanks again for the good comments...these are type that I've been looking for, so please keep them coming...on this one or anything that I post! I appreciate all comments!

20060225142552_026_23a2a.jpg

Most reactions

Back