A hall, a Plant, a Black, a White.. and some grey

Huminaboz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I decided it was time to play with some black and white, so in my adventures, I took alot of pictures to be converted to black and white. I liked these two the best:

jamstationhall.jpg

intenseplant.jpg

That second one has some really nice texture and good contrast.

i no mean to offend u, but from my point of view the two photo u posted are not up to standard
first i see no subject in ur photo
secondly, there is no pattern or texture in ur photo

sorry ur photo gonna be kick out if u use it for competition

no offences k

Would agree with craig, the first pic has a nice mysterious feel to it with the "men" written on the side. I like the second as well, it makes a nice abstract. The leaves have a nice texture and the stems lead the eye to the center. My main pique is that the leaves in the foreground are a bit overexposed, would be nice to see some detail there. thanks for sharing those :)

To tell you the truth. The first one absolutely scared the **** out of me... I think I will have trouble sleeping tonight. (No offence to you - but i'm scared)... It sort of reminds me of something out of the shining or something like that...

i think it has something to do with the roof. As it is in black and white - the roof sort of looks like it has a person stuck to it (I can see a person - I don't care what anyone else says)... Cool all the same - But I'm scared...

have you got this in colour? Just so I can be un-scared... ?

Good work... (not that I am really that hard to scare)

fadingaway1986 said:
have you got this in colour?

Do I!

hallwaycolor.jpg
jamstationhall.jpg

The picture was taken in a place called Jam Station. You can rent out rooms and put all your musical instruments in them and then jam all you like without the police showing up or a note of eviction on your door. I'd have to admit, the hallway is kinda creepy, it's always empty except for the occasional long-haired freak that wanders by you. You can hear the sounds of several drumsets being played at the same time that elicit images of a factory. I have this friend that place bass like a badass that was there.

gogobassbass.jpg

vonnagy said:
My main pique is that the leaves in the foreground are a bit overexposed, would be nice to see some detail there. thanks for sharing those :)

Yeah, it was the flash that caused the overexposure, but in a way, the bright white adds to the ability to highly contrast the deep blacks. But yeah, I need to get to learn my camera better to fix some of these problems. And thanks for the input

Most reactions

Back