A horse & A tree

Discussion in 'Landscape & Cityscape' started by clax, Jun 27, 2008.

1. clax

clax TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Heres my shot taken during recent trip.Shot using 17-55 @ f4. Any c&c are welcome.Thanks for viewing.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. tirediron

tirediron Watch the Birdy! Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    C&C per req:
    1. A couple of issues with this image. First it's somewhat over-exposed and suffering from a yellow colour caste in the lower half, and second the composition isn't IMHO, ideal. I would recommend trying to get the front of an animal, rather than the rear, especially given the rather 'unique' view this presents.
    2.This is a nice idea, but again a couple things hold it back. It too is a trifle over-exposed, and appears as though the ocean is going to run out the right-hand edge of the picture. Always try and straighten your horizons. As well I think the composition could have been improved by including all of the palm on the right, with just a little open space, and then cropping/cloning out the tree and sign/flag to the left.
    For both of these images, a circular polarizing filter would have really helped 'punch' up the colours and esp. for #2, a graduated neutral density would have made the sky stand out.

Just my $00.02 worth - your milage may vary.
    ~John

3. clax

clax TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Appreciate the comment, What do you mean by the ocean going to run out to the right edge? is it the flow/angle pushing to the right?

4. tirediron

tirediron Watch the Birdy! Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Sorry, just being a little facetious there. ;) What I meant was that your horizon isn't level.