a landscape

JonMikal

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
im not much on landscape shots and was wondering if this had potential. feel free to let me have it or you may edit it for suggestions:

18578304-L.jpg

I love the tone and the overall quality of the shot, but something seems like it is missing to me. Something about the sky bothers me, but I can't quite put my finger on it. It may be that the treeline feels too centered, or it may be that the sky just isn't as interesting to me as the rest of the photo. This is a tough one for me....

I love the colors in this! I don't really see a problem in the sky but rather the ground. The ground has a downward slope to it and there is more ground on the left than the right. I think if this were evened out then the photo would be excellent. I love the fog in it, and the tones you've captured :) Nice seeing you try something new Jon ;)

Dang I started posting a reply before you put the original up...I would suggest adding a bit more ground making sure that it's even, and leaving the full sky. Maybe around double the ground in the first picture ;)

I like the colors and mood but something's wrong with the cropping.. try remembering about rule of thirds....

for#1 Ditto on the cropping and tones

More foreground helps a lot, IMO the full frame could stand on it’s own with out cropping, or try cropping 1/3 off the top & bottom

I really like the colors, and I actually like the original as far as composition goes. Maybe crop a tad bit of the field, but I like a little more showing than in your cropped version.

I think the only problem with the second version you showed us is it's a little out of focus or blurry... Take the sharpen tool in PS and sharpen up the trees a bit.
Nice overall! Great job! :D

I agree with the crop suggested by Eromallagadnama. Leave the full sky while cropping part of the foreground -- close to rule of thirds

Here's what we came up with. I would tell you what we did but I don't really remember. :D Alison gave the crop and we adjusted the levels, then the curves, then took the saturation down -50, then bumped the contrast.

jonmikals.jpg

edit: forgot to tell you its a great shot. :oops:

thank you all for your suggestions. this may be something to hold on to. :mrgreen:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back