A late Christmas present for myself

Slaphead

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Nikon D90 with 18-200 DX VR
The long required Manfrotto tripod with head - 190XPROB, 804RC2 (present from girlfriend)
Hoya Circular Polariser
Extra battery

Alas no UV filter at the moment - out of stock

DSC_0182.jpg

Decided against the D300 in the end as I'm nowhere near the stage that I'll use that camera to anywhere near it's full potential. Also went for the 18-200 because, although the 18-105 is said to be a sharper lens, I feel that the 18-200 will give me better flexibility for street photography.

I'll post some test shots tomorrow as I haven't the time this afternoon to even unbox the thing and read the manual (in german - so it'll take me a while, but I've ordered the english version) :grumpy:

I am, by the way, a tiny bit excited ;)

I don't do product photography, in case you hadn't already guessed ;) (shot with D40x)

Boy. Wow.
And what will you get on 6 January, when the Three Magi come and bring THEIR presents? ;)

I am, by the way, a tiny bit envious ;) .

Congratzzzz.

I do like collecting those gold boxes. :lol:

That's IT!? Now it's time for a Grip, SB-600 and a Nifty 50! :greenpbl::lol:

3159171701_a1d00ec59c.jpg

Haha, Good Man! Your going to love this camera man, it's a great piece of work. I think my next lens will be the Sigma 10-20mm :drool:

Then a 70-300 someday after that! :lol:

Congrats!!!

Now get out there and take some pics to post up!!

Wow - this thing is awesome, just awesome.

It wasn't all plain sailing - at first the VR didn't seem to work, or at least only intermittently, but releasing the lens and snapping back into place did the trick, so given the gear is brand new I'll put this down to an initial contact problem.

And why is it when you charge a battery for the first time it seems to take forever ;)

I'm very happy with the 18-200. It seems sharper than the 18-55 kit from the D40x but not as sharp as the 55-200 or the 70-300 I have, but then this is to be expected really, and when I say not as sharp I mean there's not a great deal in it to my eyes. I was expecting worse.

I'll post some pics when I've taken something meaningful with the camera rather than just test shots.

I am a happy bunny at the moment :D

Most reactions

Back