A Lil C&C On My PP

newb

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Im pretty sure this is the right place for this post, I hope so.

I havent had any PP software until now, because I wasnt aware of my free options. I read about GIMP, and decided to give it a try. After a few photos, Im startin to get the hang of it, but Im only on the tip of the ice burg lol. Could I please get some C&C on this editing? Thanks.

BEFORE
DSC_0111.jpg

AFTER: Selective color and a lil emphasis on the blue in his eyes
ColorAcentJasonblue.jpg

No responses? Should I move it to the Begginer section?

I think the use of selective color should be used very sparingly, and honestly I don't think it was used correctly here for the simple reason: I'm not drawn to the eyes but to the binky. I think I'm drawn there because it is the biggest thing with color, and in a portrait of a person, the focus should be the eyes probably 99.9% of the time. Also, I'm not real happy with the crop. I think if you would have cropped the top picture by cropping out the pink on the left and left it a landscape shot it would work better. Sadly the hands are cut off, and I would understand if you cropped the way you did to try to improve the shot, but I'm not sure that this succeeded in doing so. I think the crop is too tight for the picture. Maybe, try a square crop by cropping the pink and the arms.

Maybe something like this:
4230633776_1ca8245fdd_o.jpg

Last edited:
Ya, I understand what your sayin about the binki. Thats my thought too. As for the crop, I made it that tight to avoid cuttin the photo off in the middle of his arms. If I move the right edge of the photo any more to the right I end up at his elbow or somewhere on his forearm, which wouldnt look right. Your right tho, if his hand where in the original I would have better options to work with.

Any more?

Most reactions

Back