'A' List Gallery

That's what I was thinking john. The critique forum is more like an advice forum for work. I imagine a critique forum to be more like people "reviewing" a piece. And as stated that is what I thought it was in the beginning.

It's unfortunate this isn't going to happen I think it would have been good. I think the mods points are valid but I have this little thing in my head all the time that says "what if?"

Maybe it could be tried out for a month?

Reviewing a piece can take place in the ordinary Galleries. You just need to post something with it to that effect.
The Critique Gallery is more a problem clinic where you ask for help or advice on something you are trying to do.
A finished piece, by definition, is finished so the photographer feels that they have achieved what they intended. If they don't feel like that then it's not finished.
If the photographer feels it is finished then they aren't going to be asking for help or advice.
In my experience people who put up what they consider to be finished pieces don't want a critique, they want an 'oh wow'. They can get that in the other Galleries.

As for 'trying it for a month'...
The Critique Gallery was left for a year for people to post their 'finished' pieces - and anything else - in. It became an incoherent swamp where nothing worthy of the description 'critique' occured. So we've tried it.

Hertz van Rental said:
As for 'trying it for a month'...
The Critique Gallery was left for a year for people to post their 'finished' pieces - and anything else - in. It became an incoherent swamp where nothing worthy of the description 'critique' occured. So we've tried it.

Fair enough :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back