A little about a Newbie

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by cindavphoto, Feb 1, 2004.

1. cindavphoto

cindavphoto TPF Noob!

Hi, I'm new here. I've been shooting since I was a souphmore in high school. That's been about 18 or 19 years. To many to remember. Anyway, I haven't been shooting alot lately. I'm a cold weather wimp and don't like to go out much in the winter. I do have a full studio at my house. I will hopefully start getting busy with romantic sessions for valentines day. My hustbands shoots sports action and nature, but I mostly shoot people. We just bought our first digital (Canon 10D) in November and we're still learning the software.

Here is a pic of myself and my wesite for anyone who wants to take a look. Gental comments welcome.

[​IMG]
    http://cinnamonsphotography.tripod.com

PS~I hope I posted this stuff right.

*Edited By Manda to resize pic

2. cindavphoto

cindavphoto TPF Noob!

OK, apperantly I did not do it right because there isn't a pic. I'll have to get back to you on this and see if I can figure out how to post the pic.

3. Dew

Dew TPF Noob!

welcome to the forums :D ... i shoot a lot of people as well .. you'll learn a lot here

4. TwistMyArm

TwistMyArm TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Hey, welcome to the forum. Nice photo, but you should resize it. It's way too big.

5. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Hallo Cinda (am I to call you this?),
    I'm just a newcomer to this board, too.
    When you want to meet an amateur, meet me. I take photos merely for the fun of it, so I cannot - in no way at all - compete with any of the photographers here, who note all their shutter times, openings, lenses and what not... with me it either works, or it doesn't. What is not nice (or appealing to me) is not going to be shown. Period. (Or "full stop", as I'd much rather say :)).
    I'm sorry to say that I didn't wait for your photo to fully load before I decided to write the reply - loading took ages. The photo is waaaaay too large, and it is not so nice if you have to scroll horizontally forever before you get to the end of one line of text...
    Just my feeling.
    No offense.
    I'd so LIKE to see your picture.
    I like to take portrait pictures myself, but I'm far from being good at that, more so since I don't like to take posed persons, but persons who interact somehow...

6. cindavphoto

cindavphoto TPF Noob!

Hi, Hopefully this pic will work better. I'm not only new to this forum, but to forums in general so I haven't quite worked out how to post pics yet. Sorry!!

To LaFoto, you can call me Cinn or Cinnamon. My parents had a sence of humor. Check you're private message.

[​IMG]

7. manda

manda instigator of pottymouthedness

Welcome Cinda.
    Ive resized the first pic to make the page smaller and without the sideways scroll.
    Feel free to ask me or any of the other mods about any troubles you might be having. :sillysmi:
    Generally its wise to keep your pics under 500/600 px wide. If they are really big then they take forever to load, and unless you have a 1000 inch monitor they probably wont be able to be seen properly anyway hehe

I'm also moving this to the Welcome/Introduction Forum as that is where all the welcomes happen! :)

Welcome Cinda

8. SassyFrass

SassyFrass TPF Noob!

Hey Cinda-

I'm completely new around here also. I too am a people person, shooting mainly portraits of children and families. I look forward to seeing your work in the future and I will be posting some of mine EVENTUALLY! :?

I have relatives in Rolla, Missouri which is about 2 hours from St. Louis? :scratch:

9. mrsid99

mrsid99 TPF Supporters Supporting Member

Welcome aboard Cinn...enjoy!

10. cindavphoto

cindavphoto TPF Noob!

To Sassy Frass,
    Yeah, Rolla is about and hour and half to two hours from St. Louis. It takes me about an hour to get to the city.

If you're done this way, be sure to let me know. Maybe we can shoot together.

Cinn