TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
shacow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey :)
Why is it, I always leave things to the last minute :confused:

Im off to Scotland for a few weeks this Sunday and I still havent made my mind up about what lens's to buy...

Im looking for a good quality wide angle lens and a good quality macro lens.. Maybe a Sigma? Ive got a Canon EOS 350D with a standard 18-55mm and a 70-300mm.

does anyone have any ideas on what len's they think will the job for me :hugs:

:) thanks, Shaun

I am going to sound like a broken record right about now, but have you looked into purchasing a 50mm (either f/1.8 or f/1.4)? I found that when I traveled, that is a wonderful lens for many different situations. Your 18-55mm should be good enough for most 'wide-angle' shots, but neither of your mentioned lenses are considered fast lenses. Hopefully that helps some.

thanks for the advice everyone. I went out and got a sigma 17-35 f2.8/4 ex dg .. Ive also been looking at those 50mm f1.8 lens around ebay for like £50, but im going to have to leave that one until I get back from Scotland... Unless I can find one on the way up there ;) ... any ideas? I leave for Scotland in less then 2 n half hours :D:D cant wait to try out the new lens ;D

Hope you all have a good time, and ill post my pics when I get back... unless I can get my blue tooth thingy to work and ill post as I go along :D

Take care all, Shaun

Most reactions

New Topics

Back