A little attitude

Cely

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was taking some shots of a friend of mine in the studio today, and this is what she gave me.

3841420018_0bc1f20bb3_b.jpg

I'd remove the cellulite or stretch mark underneath her arm.

I would have, but I didn't do anything to the picture except boost the clarity and turn it to grayscale. I didn't feel like doing much in PP.

I think the background is overpowering unless offcourse that was the intent. She also has to much shadows that divert me from looking at her especially on the left side of her face. Maybe brightening up the midtones a bit?

Last edited:
if the pic is made in low key lighting, the bg also required the same effect...if the lady has no darkened skin (which she is not perhaps), why she is made a black beauty, i cannot understand....some brightening may be helpful.

the posing is good, though.

Yeah, the background was intended. I wanted a pure white one, so I used on of the lights on the background.

It wasn't made in low key lighting, it was high key lighting. I don't really understand what you are asking gopal.

When I shoot portraits or people I usually shoot them doing whatever it is they do, I don't setup shots or pose my subject and lately I've been asked to do more posed shots. The hardest part is telling people how to stand or pose.

With all that said, I would have asked her to cover up her bra.

Haha, I agree AverageJoe. I do the same thing AJ, I too feel that posing is the hardest part.

my meaning is simple Cely.....to light up the bg white does not take the picture in high key....the lighting effect on the lady is that of low key....so it is a contrast in dark subject and white bg.

in high key, the subject with the bg is off white having tones with addition of slightly dark eyebrows, eyeballs, nostrils, hairs with less shadows on the subject...
thanks for ur input.

Ok, I understand that what I did in this picture was not a 'High key' shot, I just wanted a white background. Im sorry I used the wrong terms.

Most reactions

Back